1st Manassas 2 player scen

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

821Bobo

1st Manassas 2 player scen

Post by 821Bobo »

In the 1st Manassas 2-player only scenario, some units(mostly arty) are instead of column in line formation. Taking into account that changing formation may cost all MPs and Union forces have to march across half of the map, is this intended?
zakblood

RE: 1st Manassas 2 player scen

Post by zakblood »

it slows the guns to the front, as mostly it's gun if memory serves me right, so for a wild guess i'd say yes, or you would swamp the CSA in a few turns with 2 many guns at the front too quick
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Probably not intended. Which artillery units? (An area of the map to look on would be sufficient, if you don't want to list them all.)
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Coordinates 113x68, 115x62, 134x46

And also few units from 1st Divisions 4th Brigade in front of Blackburn's ford. But they are close to CSA so maybe this is correct.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Coordinates 113x68, 115x62, 134x46

And also few units from 1st Divisions 4th Brigade in front of Blackburn's ford. But they are close to CSA so maybe this is correct.

Thanks. I'll check into it and probably make a change. It might not be possible to have the change in this next patch, but I can at least upload the relevant file to the forum.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Bobo and I are almost ready for our first game.

When do you think this scenario fix will be done and also the OOC when in ZOC bug?

I think once these are done we can kick off.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Well, I just fixed the file, but the blasted Matrix forum software isn't allowing me to upload it, though I've done this countless times before. I'll have to get help from Support, of all things, since I'm not doing anything wrong.

As for the ZOC issue, that doesn't strike me as a reason to delay your PBEM game -- the fact that none of the testers ever noted this as an issue shows it doesn't affect the game too much. Plus you'd be on an even playing field.

Stay tuned regarding the fixed file.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Oh, I see -- in the public forum zip files can't be uploaded, just .txt and graphics files. Okay, I'll post the fixed .txt file here directly.

So, having done that, the instructions are to find the 2-player scenario sub-folder inside the SCENARIOS sub-folder and then replace the current positions.txt file with the one I've attached. I'd advise first making a backup of the original. (If you right-click to download I see that Matrix's system assigns the file a bizarre alpha-numerical name, so rename to positions.txt.)

I made the changes to the three units as requested, and also did that for one of the two near Blackburn's Ford (the one out of range of the CSA).

Have fun! And thanks for pointing this out.

Attachments
Positions.txt
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

ok done that. Thanks

FWIW I think the OOC zoc thing might just disadvantage the defender a tad more than the attacker. Especially if he is getting overlapped. His diminished MP might hurt in this respect.

How long till the fix do you think? I think we can make a call depending on how far off this is.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Well, the beta patch went up today, and Matrix doesn't operate on weekends -- other than forum patrols and support -- so the earliest it would go out would be Monday. We do want it out there quickly, so I like the odds of Monday being the day, but can't promise. For one thing, one of Eric's fixes might be insufficient, or there might be a new bug.

Also, I do not know for a fact that this fix will be in the patch, since the issue wasn't reported in time for the beta patch, and the patch would need to be rebuilt, which can cause a bit of delay. I'll know more over the weekend. But no matter what, it wouldn't be fixed before Monday.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

For the sake of a couple of days I think I can wait and see.

One last question, with the PBEM now an auto misinterpret orders, does the difficulty setting matter at all for PBEM?

Thanks, looking forward to this PBEM game [:)]
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

That's a fine question, and one I've asked Eric to address.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

I believe that as of V1.0.2 difficulty should not have any effect on PBEM games.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Thanks [:)]
AlessandroD

Post by AlessandroD »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

I believe that as of V1.0.2 difficult should not have any effect on PBEM games.

Perfect!
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Well, the beta patch went up today, and Matrix doesn't operate on weekends -- other than forum patrols and support -- so the earliest it would go out would be Monday. We do want it out there quickly, so I like the odds of Monday being the day, but can't promise. For one thing, one of Eric's fixes might be insufficient, or there might be a new bug.

Also, I do not know for a fact that this fix will be in the patch, since the issue wasn't reported in time for the beta patch, and the patch would need to be rebuilt, which can cause a bit of delay. I'll know more over the weekend. But no matter what, it wouldn't be fixed before Monday.

Any further info on this, I am keen to get my first PBEM happening....
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

The ZOC fix will be in the next beta-patch, which (I believe) will be available sometime this week.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

ok thanks [:)]

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”