New modern database

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

josant

New modern database

Post by josant »

Here you have a new modified database, which runs from 1914 until 2017. To make it I have had to remove all equipment prior to 1914 and all aircraft of WW1 (leaving only common equipment), also I removed some guns of WW1 that were manufactured in minimum quantities. The WW2 equipment is as the original database (with the inclusion of other equipment like V1/V2 Rockets and X-7 ATGM).
I use the new empty slots to insert modern equipment units (hundreds of new weapons have been included); latest aircrafts, Tanks, AFVs, ATGMs... are included.

Unlike the modern database of Alpha77(a very good database), I preferred to respect the default values for the weapons, change some things like armor values,ranges, and more (for example 125mm Gun have a AT 40 or 50, 120mm have AT 40 or 60, new 120mmL55 have AT 70), The database is entirely revised fixing some bugs (for example shell weights/range...) also for armored equipment de DF item (when you edited the database) is used to set the weight of the vehicle, but many vehicles have a bad weight (for example Tiger II weights about 70t, but in the game only weights 56t) I fixed it for all armored vehicles fixing their real weight.

Finally due to limitations of the game engine, there have been things that I could not do to be more exact, for example; things like ATGM jammers (ARENA or GALIX systems), vehicles that have turret or not, advanced reactive armor, V Shapped hull for MRAP vehicles, CEP (circular error probable, the accuracy of the weapon) variable for Surface Surface Missiles (in the game a old Scunner missile is better than a more modern SS-21) and more can not be modeled under the current game engine. I hope that for the future TOAW IV version of the game this would be taken into account.

***attachment is the new v2.1 version of the database***
Attachments
Equipment ..017 v2.1.zip
(58.12 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
JA
NikolaiEzhov

RE: New modern database

Post by NikolaiEzhov »

Some supplements and advices for modern Chinese weapons and equipments.
1. There is another branch of Type-59 tank in PLA service called ZTZ-59D, which possesses an 105mm rifled main gun and reactive armor.
2. Two types of Type-96 tanks have been introduced with large numbers: the original Type-96, and Type-96A with ERA and improved optics. The "Type-96" entry in this database in fact resembles Type-96A.
3. Two maybe three types of Type-99 MBT have been revealed to the public. The "Type-99" entry in this database resembles the second type, but the third type(maybe "Type-99A"), first found in circa 2012, has some significant improvements.
4.There are two kinds of Assault Gun now in PLA service: the PTL-02(100mm AT gun on ZSL-92 chassis) and ZTL-09(105mm AT gun on ZSL-09 chassis)
5. The Type-62 tanks still in service now have greatly improved optics and SLAT armor. Maybe should add an entry like "Type-62 Light Tank(Late)".
6. The PTZ-89 (usually referred as Tank-Destroyer) is still in active service and is still the backbone of many Anti-tank Units. Should not forget them.
7. 4 PLA IFVs are forgotten: the ZBD-03 Airborne IFV, the ZBD-04 IFV, the ZBD-05 Amphibious IFV and the ZBL-09 Wheeled IFV.
8. PGZ-88, PGZ-95, PGZ-04 SPAAA, ZSD-89 APC, PLL-05 SP Mortar
9. PP-80 & PP-89 100mm Mortar
10. HQ-12, HQ-15 SPSAM
11. Some late blocks of J-8 are air-refueling capable.
Proletariat of the world, unite!
josant

Post by josant »

7. 4 PLA IFVs are forgotten: the ZBD-03 Airborne IFV, the ZBD-04 IFV, the ZBD-05 Amphibious IFV and the ZBL-09 Wheeled IFV.
[/quote]
ZBD-04 IFV is basically a Type 97 IFV (also called ZBD-97) with minor improvements
ZBD-03 is the name of the ZLC-2000 airborne IFV latest version, basically is the same
ZBD-05 and ZBL-09 are included in the database
2. Two types of Type-96 tanks have been introduced with large numbers: the original Type-96, and Type-96A with ERA and improved optics. The "Type-96" entry in this database in fact resembles Type-96A.
3. Two maybe three types of Type-99 MBT have been revealed to the public. The "Type-99" entry in this database resembles the second type, but the third type(maybe "Type-99A"), first found in circa 2012, has some significant improvements.
Yes it is true but, as I had no more empty slots to continue adding equipment I prefer to chose an intermediate type, not the best but also not the worst type.
4.There are two kinds of Assault Gun now in PLA service: the PTL-02(100mm AT gun on ZSL-92 chassis) and ZTL-09(105mm AT gun on ZSL-09 chassis)
6. The PTZ-89 (usually referred as Tank-Destroyer) is still in active service and is still the backbone of many Anti-tank Units. Should not forget them.
8. PGZ-88, PGZ-95, PGZ-04 SPAAA, ZSD-89 APC, PLL-05 SP Mortar
9. PP-80 & PP-89 100mm Mortar
10. HQ-12, HQ-15 SPSAM
Yes all those equipment is missed, i dont have more empty slots
5. The Type-62 tanks still in service now have greatly improved optics and SLAT armor. Maybe should add an entry like "Type-62 Light Tank(Late)".
Is difficult to modelate slat armor in the game, maybe with reactive armor?

When i make the database i put most of the equipment of the WW1, all equipment of WW2, and all modern equipment expanded with latest equipment,but hopelessly left me without empty slots to continue adding equipment, so I prefer not to add equipment that is used in minor cuantities, and of course there are some equipment that I have forgotten.
I prefer not to eliminate more equipment of WW1 (is a period that i like) and WW2 (most of users love this period), but in order to add more equipment i would have to eliminate specific equipment and would have to return to the original system database for some equipment (for example Leopard 1/2/3/4/5 to Leopard early/late or T-72A/B/AV/BV to T-72 improved/late) or eliminate equipment that is made in minor quantities (like romanian TR-125)or not to distinguish between early/late for some WW2 aircrafts).

Thanks for the clarification, China is a superpower and all equipment that you say must be included in a next database version.
JA
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: josant
When i make the database i put most of the equipment of the WW1, all equipment of WW2, and all modern equipment expanded with latest equipment,but hopelessly left me without empty slots to continue adding equipment, so I prefer not to add equipment that is used in minor cuantities, and of course there are some equipment that I have forgotten.
Hey Josant dude: I noted your lack of equipment slots and said something to Ralph and he said that he would add more
equipment slots to the list of things to change. So you might not have to delete anything to add to your database. Just so
you know.
How much does one of those female sex robots cost? I'm asking for a friend.
josant

Post by josant »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
ORIGINAL: josant
Hey Josant dude: I noted your lack of equipment slots and said something to Ralph and he said that he would add more
equipment slots to the list of things to change. So you might not have to delete anything to add to your database. Just so
you know.

That would be wonderful, thanks

I have many equipment that i can not add in the database by this problem, first i would do a database only with equipment from 1956 , then I change my idea and prefer to make a database with equipment of WW1,WW2,modern (discarding much equipment manufactured in small quantities and all WW1 aircraft to add modern equipment), and now with this news my idea is to put again all erased equipment together with the most modern equipment that is already in the database plus many other modern equipment that i can not add by the lack of equipment slots.
JA
josant

Post by josant »

In the first post I put a new version of the database in wich I fixed some bugs and add some new equipment, this would be the final version of the database, until Ralph make the changes necessary to get more equipment slots.
JA
r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

Thanks for the great work. I hope this can be incorporated in the 3.5!

Please check the range for the 155mm howitzer. the range is listed a 6 (as it was in the 3.4.eqp) Typically it has a 14-15 km range.

Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.

Return to “Scenario Design”