Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

still playing... and loving it!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> still playing... and loving it! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
still playing... and loving it! - 4/8/2015 1:17:15 PM   
Mario Vallée

I did not play FoF for some 5 years. But last weekend I start a new game again AI (my usual partner can't start the game on his new computer) and I had a lot of fun. What a great game! Simply love it. I hope you guys make a new strategic level game after Brother Against Brother.

< Message edited by Mario Vallée -- 4/18/2015 2:19:19 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: still playing - 4/13/2015 2:59:15 PM   
williamhawes

I agree. I dig this out every so often. I get torn between this and GG's WBTS. Each have something great about them and I do enjoy them both.

(in reply to Mario Vallée)
Post #: 2
RE: still playing - 4/14/2015 8:07:17 PM   
Gil R.

Thanks! It's great to know people are still playing.

You'll no doubt find it interesting to see how much our tactical engine has evolved. The unit sprites in "Brother against Brother" are the same, but so much has changed.

(in reply to williamhawes)
Post #: 3
RE: still playing - 4/14/2015 11:07:34 PM   
Nimrod 9th

I too play Forge of Freedom vs. the AI a lot. Sure wish a small update focusing on AI's defense of Richmond, poor AI production management, and maybe a slightly larger map would come out. I know ... I know ... I can "mod" the game to address some of these issues. But I'm not confident enough in my computer skills to even try. Enjoy the game despite my complaining.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: still playing - 4/16/2015 6:43:44 PM   
Mario Vallée

Hi Gil. I'm sure Brother against Brother will be a great game. But I am more a grand strategic gamer. So I prefer way more FoF. I really wont you guys to do a FoF2 one of those days. Any chance in a near future ?

(in reply to Nimrod 9th)
Post #: 5
RE: still playing - 4/17/2015 7:39:36 PM   
Gil R.

Nimrod 9th,
I hear you, but at this point, unfortunately, the chance of such a patch is less than 1% -- we have a single programmer whose time is spread thinly enough as is on current projects, plus the testing team is no longer active. (I guess I've always wanted to say "Let's get the boys back on the road," and this would be a chance to do that.)

Both,
We would love to do a FOF2, but that would require using a new engine that doesn't exist yet, and would take Eric about a year to program. So it is not an undertaking done lightly. Our basic position on this is that we certainly do not rule it out, and personally would love to do it, but we already have our next two years' worth of releases planned. Which means the earliest we might return to FOF would be three years from now.

(in reply to Mario Vallée)
Post #: 6
RE: still playing - 4/18/2015 1:17:44 PM   
Mario Vallée

Three years. That's not so bad. I could wait.
But if I win some big $$ at the loto, I will call you guys for a special contract so you could finish FoF2 ASAP.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> still playing... and loving it! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI