Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ship upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship upgrades - 3/25/2015 1:18:26 AM   
jwolf

I'm playing the Allies in a campaign, mid Jan 42 in our game. When I click the list of all ships in the top menu bar, there is an option to display ships due for an upgrade. I did that -- to see an empty list. However, experimenting with a few individual ships I saw there are some which can (and should?) be upgraded already in Jan 42. Why aren't they displayed in the other list? And how can I find them without checking every single Allied ship?
Post #: 1
RE: Ship upgrades - 3/25/2015 4:52:50 AM   
Rysyonok

Limit choices, e.g. show aks only. The game engine limits how many ships can be listed. Try doing only overdue or current month upgrades. Can you post a screenshot?

(in reply to jwolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship upgrades - 3/25/2015 6:12:33 AM   
alanschu

It defaults to "Allowed to Upgrade" in the upper leftish area (just above the main list of ships).

Click on that to change it to Not Allowed. You can also click on the one beside to cycle through all upgrades (not all that useful), and ones that are due.

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship upgrades - 3/25/2015 2:11:06 PM   
crsutton

Actually, you might want to load Tracker. It does a much better job in this matter.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to alanschu)
Post #: 4
RE: Ship upgrades - 3/25/2015 3:45:51 PM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwolf

I'm playing the Allies in a campaign, mid Jan 42 in our game. When I click the list of all ships in the top menu bar, there is an option to display ships due for an upgrade. I did that -- to see an empty list. However, experimenting with a few individual ships I saw there are some which can (and should?) be upgraded already in Jan 42. Why aren't they displayed in the other list? And how can I find them without checking every single Allied ship?

The ingame display ships due for upgrade show only ships that you selected to be upgrade. If you don't allow upgrade from single ship screen (in the bottom-right), you see nothing in list.

(in reply to jwolf)
Post #: 5
RE: Ship upgrades - 3/25/2015 4:39:26 PM   
dr.hal

As indicated, tracker does this and SO much more!

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 6
RE: Ship upgrades - 3/29/2015 1:29:51 AM   
rustysi

As stated above if the upgrade option is set to yes on the ships display it will show in the master list. If set to no upgrade it will not show. Very simple really.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 7
RE: Ship upgrades - 3/29/2015 1:35:49 AM   
rustysi

quote:

AE can be played with zero add ons. All the relevant and necessary data to play it is available in game and without too much effort for its extraction.

I agree with this, and its how I play. For those who wish to use other add ons, I say, 'hey what ever floats your boat'. I personally just don't see the need.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ship upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI