The definitive wargame of the Western Front is updated to version 1.00.21! New contents and features are now fully integrated to give the game a more detailed perspective!
You can download this by clicking on the "Check for Updates" link in your game menu, or through this direct link: ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarInTheWest/WarInTheWest-UpdateComp-v1021.zip
Here's the (big) changelog:
• New Features and Rule Changes
1. Added new generic data - pilot names. Newly generated pilots will be given random names. The existing scenarios have not been fully updated with this feature so starting groups will still have pilot numbers.
2. Newly created airfield units and those created in temp ports are now given a supply priority of 3 when they are created (used to be set to supply priority 0).
3. Units moving in desert hexes, and clear terrain hexes in Africa south and west of hex 124,319 (the coast road), are not charged MPs for moving into an enemy controlled hex unless the hex has a fort level. Any enemy fort construction in the hex will cause the moving unit to pay the normal cost of moving into an enemy controlled hex.
4. Italian reinforcements are now allowed prior to July 43. In the past they were not allowed until after Italy had surrendered.
5. Improved the shipment of supplies by sea to Allied depots that are also connected by rail.
6. The Production Screen is now sorted by alphabetical order within each type.
7. Added new air group CR filters: pct exp/moral/fatigue.
8. Show Completed and Show Resigned check boxes won’t reset when re-accessing the MP screen.
9. A few corrections have been made to the map text.
10. Increased amount of Canadian pilots trained each turn (aprox x3).
11. Increased hex interdiction effect modifier for the mountain/heavy urban hexes (should cause lower values).
12. Made it more difficult to reach very high interdiction values.
13. Made naval interdiction values reported in the battle reports more accurate.
14. Increased influence of bad weather on naval interdiction.
15. Increased efficiency of the patrol planes.
16. Increased probability of naval interdiction values reduction for the disrupted flights.
17. Improved automatic load out selection for the naval patrol strikes.
• Bug Fixes
1. Fixed a bug that was preventing Allied controlled ports in Northern Italy from receiving freight.
2. Units defending against an amphibious invasion were having their CV values divided by 10. Fixed.
3. The Allied AI in the D-Day campaign launches a bad invasion of Southern France on turn 1 and does not launch the historical Normandy invasions. Fixed.
4. In some rare cases a unit might not send back damaged elements during the logistics phase. Fixed.
5. Even though amphib HQs don't require transports, insufficient transports in the pool could prevent amphib HQs from moving. Fixed.
6. A unit next to Benghazi routs even though it is truly isolated (due to impassable hexside). Fixed.
7. Fixed a glitch in the movement path routines that could in very rare occasions block a unit from being able to move to legal hexes.
8. Fixed INITIALIZE AIR UNIT function in editor.
9. Fixes for the flight forming code to increase aircraft usage (low escort issue).
10. Fixes for the partial escorts.
11. Fixed air base scenario check utility.
12. Fixed a bug where freight going back to depots from units could go back to a depot that had recently been captured.
13. Airbases that have been given a delay will no longer send their manpower back to the manpower pool (for off-map airfields in small map scenarios).
14. Fixes were made to the tactical recon code.
15. Strategic recon generates hex recon values around target. Fixed.
16. The Allies are in two garrison zones, one of which is Northern Italy, but the Germans still have garrison requirements. Fixed.
17. When Allies enter Northern Italy garrison zone, the Axis garrison requirement in this zone is not going to zero. Fixed.
18. In some cases frozen units were not having their frozen turn counter decremented. Fixed.
19. Fixed Event Log spam with city victory values when opening victory screen.
• Data and Scenario Changes
1. Australian manpower doubled to 20
2. All EF Box units report to O.K.H.
3. Panzer Division 'Clausewitz' now arrives in the West as an OKW unit in April 1945
4. Railyard repaired or added to Pantelleria
5. Cleared excess pools
6. British airframe production updates
1. 20mm Lahti AT-Rifle (0177) – Anti-Soft increased from 0 to 8.
2. 20mm Solothurn AT-Rifle (0178) – Anti-Soft increased from 0 to 8.
3. 3in Howitzer (0359) – Range increased from 1500 to 2000.
4. 150mm sIG33 L/11 Gun (0414) – Range increased from 2500 to 5100; ROF decreased from 7 to 3.
5. 150mm StuH43L/12 Gun (0415) – Range increased from 2500 to 5100; ROF decreased from 7 to 3.
6. 20mm Cannon MG FF (0033) – Renamed 20mm Cannon MG FF/M.
7. 20mm Cannon MG-FF (0043) – Renamed 20mm Cannon MG FF.
8. 66 USG Drop Tank (0078) – Renamed 180 IG Drop Tank (Jet); Load increased from 413 to 1515.
9. 300 L Drop Tank (0079) – Renamed 300 L Drop Tank (Jet); Load increased from 496 to 556.
10. Added 29 IG Auxiliary Tank (0803).
11. Added 30 IG Drop Tank (0804).
12. Added 31 IG Auxiliary Tank (0805).
13. 20mm Cannon MG FF (0033) – Renamed 20mm Cannon MG FF/M.
14. 20mm Cannon MG-FF (0043) – Renamed 20mm Cannon MG FF.
15. 66 USG Drop Tank (0078) – Renamed 180 IG Drop Tank (Jet); Load increased from 413 to 1515.
16. 300 L Drop Tank (0079) – Renamed 300 L Drop Tank (Jet); Load increased from 496 to 556.
17. Added 29 IG Auxiliary Tank (0803).
18. Added 30 IG Drop Tank (0804).
19. Added 31 IG Auxiliary Tank (0805).
20. Added 66 IG Auxiliary Tank (0806).
21. Added Mid Level Camera (0807).
22. Added 66 IG Auxiliary Tank (0806).
23. Added Mid Level Camera (0807).
1. White Scout Car (2140) – Scrap Year changed from nothing to 1944; Build Limit decreased from 52 to 0.
1. 43d Heavy Panzerjaeger Battalion (0286) – Heavy moved from Prefix to Suffix.
2. 42 Jaeger Division (0335) – Spelling of Jaeger corrected.
3. 43 SS Infantry Brigade (0491) – SS moved from Suffix to Prefix.
4. 44a Airlanding Division (0585) – Spelling of Airlanding corrected.
Several German and British/Commonwealth long range recon aircraft have been changed to a new Strat recon profile.
Several aircraft for all nations have their availability date shifted to one month earlier under the following conditions:
They were just an improved version of an existing aircraft
No major changes were made like from air cooled to water cooled engine or engine type change like from Merlin to Griffon
They were not new in their class, the Stirling transport version did not benefit from this because it evolved from a bomber and not a previous transport model
The following aircraft have their end date extended by one month to cover the period where the new aircraft are not available:
0012 - Bf 109G-6
0044 - Fw 190F
0637 - Halifax II
xxx DATA CHANGES xxx
Hurricane (all versions), fuel +22 to 729
Hurricane IIB/IIC (all versions), cruise speed to 210, endurance to 195, max alt to 36000, maxspeed alt up to 20500, maxspeed to 330
0013 - Bf 109G-4/R3 - cameras changed to one high level cam
0016 - Bf 109G-8 - add 150 imports from Bf 109G-6 to represent the Bf 109G-6/U3 conversions
0070 - Ju 86P - +1 high alt recon camera
0091 - Me 262A-1a/U3 - cameras moved from weapon set to permanent installation
0407 - Spitfire IX (SO) - renamed Spitfire LF.IX (SO): the vast majority were LF Mk.IX, data sync with source aircraft
0408 - Spitfire VB (SO) - data sync with source aircraft
0468 - Fw 190A-8/R8 - type changed to Fighter-Bomber, small bombload added (game likes to use them as raid escorts)
0544 - Hurricane I (and all other incarnations) - zero alt speed -10 to 265, max alt to 33500, cruise speed +7 to 212, endurance +35 to 205 minutes
0545 - Huricane IIC - upgrades to Tempest V now, build limit +14 to 20 (one factory), ends 1 month earlier in 5/44
0547 - Spitfire IA - upgrades to new Mk VIII
0548 - Spitfire IB - upgrades to new Mk VIII
0549 - Spitfire VB - delayed several months to 7/41 (mass production start), extended two months to 10/42, build limit/expansion to 35/2 (one factory, 60% available in ETO)
maxspeed +10 to 378, maxspeed alt -2k to 18k, zero alt speed -10 to 305, max alt speed -20 to 300, cruise speed +5 to 215, endurance +43 to 178
0550 - Spitfire IX/XVI - renamed to just Spitfire IX, ends 6/43, upgrades to new LF.IX, build limit +7 to 17 (one factory, 75% available in ETO)
cruise speed down to 220, endurance up to 160, maxspeed -6 to 408, max alt up to 43k, zero alt speed in 10 to 325
0551 - Spitfire XII - build cost +50 to 498, available 2/43, extended to 8/43, build limit/expansion to 4/1, maxspeed alt +2k to 20k, cruise speed +5 to 240, durability +1 to 29
endurance down to 115
0552 - Spitfire XIV - available one month earlier in 12/43, durability +1 to 29, build limit +3 to 4 (one factory), cruise speed -25 to 245, endurance +20 to 130
0553 - Spitfire IX/XVIE - renamed LF.IXE - apart from US-built Merlin 66 engine it was exactly the same aircraft, build limit +3 to 13 (two factories, 75% available in ETO)
durability +1 to 29, max alt to 42k, cruise speed down to 220, fuel up to 714, endurance up to 180, climb up to 3600, maxspeed alt -4k to 21k, maxspeed to 408, max alt speed down to 330
0554 - Spitfire PR.IV - maxspeed alt +5k to 20k, max alt speed -30 to 330, zero alt speed -10 to 340, max alt +1k to 38k, build limit/expansion to 3/1
cruise speed +10 to 210, endurance -20 to 405
0555 - Spitfire PR.XI - durability +1 to 29, upgrades to new PR.XIX, extended to 2/45, build limit +1 to 3
0556 - Spitfire FR.XIV - delayed 11 months to 11/44 (no earlier production known), durability +1 to 29, cruise speed -25 to 245, endurance +15 to 155
0557 - Spitfire XIVE - durability +1 to 29, build limit +2 to 3 (two factories), cruise speed -25 to 245, endurance +45 to 155, fuel up to 1067 (31 IG rear tank)
0559 - Tempest V - delayed to 2/44, build limit -2 to 5 (two factories)
0561 - Tomahawk I - import source set to P-40B, armor to 0 (no armor, only barely working self-sealing tanks)
0562 - Tomahawk IIA - renamed Tomahawk II (mix of II/IIA/IIB, import source set to P-40B
0563 - Kittyhawk IA - import source set to P-40E
0564 - Kittyhawk III - import source set to new P-40K (0676)
0571 - Mustang III - upgrade from Spit XIV to Mustang IV
0572 - Mustang IV - remove upgrade to Spit XIV, nation change to Commonwealth
0573 - Meteor I - extended to 10/44 (to include IIIs with older engines), build limit doubled to 2 (one factory), climb almost halved to 3000, maxspeed alt -4k to 26k
maxspeed -5 to 440, max alt speed -20 to 425, fuel up to 2804, cruise speed -15 to 335, endurance +40 to 145
0574 - Meteor III - build limit doubled to 4 (one factory), fuel down to 2804, delayed to 11/44 (excluding IIIs with older engines), zero alt speed to 485, max alt speed down to 465, endurance -40 to 135
climb -2000 to 3500
0584 - Mosquito NF.II - available 3 months earlier in 2/42, ends 1 month earlier in 1/43, build limit/expansion to 5/1
maxspeed -19 to 365, maxspeed alt +6k to 21k, endurance up to 355
0585 - Mosquito NF.XIII - upgrade to new NF.XIX, extended to 5/44, build limit +2 to 6, add imports from NF.II
maxspeed alt +5k to 20k, endurance up to 350
0586 - Mosquito NF.30 - delayed to 4/44, build limit +3 to 5
cruise speed +15 to 265
0587 - Mosquito FB.VI - delayed to 2/43, build limit +5 to 8
fuel down to 3398, cruise speed +5 to 255, endurance +25 to 355
0588 - Mosquito B.IV - delayed to 4/42, extended to 3/43, build limit/expansion to 4/1
fuel up to 4052, maxspeed -4 to 380, maxspeed alt +7k to 22k, cruise speed +15 to 265, endurance to 410, max alt speed +11 to 310
0589 - Mosquito B.XVI - available one month earlier in 11/43, extended to 9/45, build limit +3 to 4,fuel up to 4052, performance data sync with B.IX
0590 - Mosquito PR.IV - remove import from B.IV, delayed to 12/42, extended to 3/43, build limit/expansion to 3/1, replace drop tanks with internal tanks
fuel up to 4052, maxspeed alt +7.5k to 22.5k, ceiling to 34.5k, cruise speed +20 to 270, endurance to 410, max alt speed +16 to 315, maxspeed +5 to 385, climb +50, maneuver +1
0591 - Mosquito PR.XVI - delayed to 11/43, extended to 9/45, performance data sync'ed with PR.IX
0592 - Mosquito B.IX - ends one month earlier in 10/43, build limit +1 to 2
fuel up to 4052, cruise speed -5 to 245, endurance to 430, maxspeed alt +1k to 26k, max alt speed +41 to 340, zero alt speed +36 to 335, maxload +1k to 5k
0593 - Mosquito PR.IX - ends 8 months earlier in 10/43, upgrades to PR.XVI, build limit +2 to 3, 125IG Aux tank made permanent
fuel up to 4939, endurance up to 520, maneuver +1, maxspeed +41 to 410, maxspeed alt +1.5k to 26.5k, zero alt speed +36 to 335, max alt speed +46 to 345, climb -50, ceiling -500
0594 - Mosquito PR.34 - weapon set 5 reduced to one set of tanks, delayed to 1/45, extended to 9/45, build limit +2 to 3
remove low alt cameras, make high alt cameras permanent, cruise speed to 270, endurance to 550, maxspeed alt up to 28500, fuel to 5713
0607 - Baltimore II - build limit/expansion set to 4/1, running 10/41 to 5/42
0615 - Maryland I - upgrade to Baltimore III, ends 6/42
0616 - Baltimore III - build limit/expansion set to 10/1, running 6/42 to 2/43
0617 - Baltimore V - build limit/expansion set to 15/1, running 9/43 to 5/44
0623 - Baltimore IV - build limit/expansion set to 12/1, running 3/43 to 8/43
0628 - Hampden I - add mine/torpedo loadout, crew -1 to 4
ceiling -700 to 22k, zero/max alt speed -39 to 215, cruise speed -12 to 155, fuel up to 3758, endurance up to 700
0632 - Wellington X - maxload +1k to 4.5k, add some more bombs to reflect this
0666 - Mustang I (PR) - upgrade to Spitfire FR.XIV, ends 10/44
0668 - Hurricane IID - build limit/expansion set to 4/1 (one factory), end date delayed by two months, endurance up to 190, maxspeed alt up to 20000
0667 - Spitfire VC - , delayed two months to 11/42, extended six months to 7/43, upgrades to new LF.IX, build limit/expansion to 37/1 (one factory, 60% available in ETO)
durability +1 to 29, maxspeed +10 to 378, maxspeed alt -2k to 18k, zero alt speed -10 to 305, max alt speed -20 to 300, cruise speed +5 to 215, endurance +43 to 178
0669 - Hurricane IV - upgrades to Tempest V and end 1/44 now, build limit +6 to 8 (one factory), maxspeed -14 to 325, zero/max alt speed -16 to 260, climb -300 to 2200, endurance to 195, maxspeed alt up to 20000
0679 - P-40E - upgrades to new P-40K (0676)
0680 - P-40N - build limit -11 to 20 (many went to Soviets and Pacific theater)
0681 - Spitfire VB (US) - data sync with source aircraft, delayed to 1/42
0683 - P-39Q - build limit -30 to 15 (majority went to Soviets and Pacific theater), delayed 2 months to 5/43
0686 - P-38G - build limit +14 to 30, expansion +2 to 3, start and end date moved backwards by one month
0687 - P-38J - available one month earlier, build limit -2 to 35
0688 - F-5A - date extended to 8/43, imports +16 to 90
0689 - F-5C - imports +200 to 400 (includes F-5E/F/G minus pacific use)
xxx NEW AIRCRAFT xxx
0453 - Bf 109G-2/R2 - older Bf 109G-2 converted to recon fighters, upgrades to G-8
0454 - Bf 109F-4/R3, late 42 tac recon, both production and conversion from F-4, upgrades to G-4/R3
0531 - Spitfire II - Mk.I with new engine, first version of and exclusively built at Castle Bromwich near Birmingham
0532 - Spitfire VIII - modified/streamlined fuselage with more fuel/range and engines similar to Mk IX, upgrades to Spitfire Mk.XIVE; ~35% available in ETO
includes 100 Mk.VII but excludes 160 HF.VIII
0533 - Spitfire LF.IX - from mid 43 the vast majority of Spit IXs was the LF version, available 7/43
0534 - Spitfire PR.XIX - unarmed photo-recon version based on improved Mk.XIV, available 3/45; takes-over upgrade path from PR.XI (formerly FR.XIV)
0535 - Spitfire HF.IX - High-alt Spit IX available 1/44, modeled with 31 IG aux tank; includes 160 HF.VIII, 80% available in ETO
0536 - Mosquito NF.XIX - 44/45 production version of the lower alt NF with AI Mk.X radar
0546 - Hurricane IIB - 12-MG-armed Hurri II
0566 - Kittyhawk II - RAF version of the P-40F
0676 - P-40K Warhawk - to fill the gap between P-40E and P-40N
0684 - P-39N Airacobra - to fill the gap between P-39D and P-39Q, switching to America
0685 - P-39D Airacobra - first real production version, USA-only version
0723 - P-40F Warhawk - a P-40 with Packard-Merlin engine
0725 - P-38F Lightning - first fully combat-ready version
0748 - F-8 Mosquito - US version
< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/23/2015 8:25:29 PM >