Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario " War in West Africa"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> New Scenario " War in West Africa" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario " War in West Africa" - 3/17/2015 8:57:29 PM   
lion_of_judah

Ivory Coast-Ghanaian Border Dispute

In 2010, the West African country Ivory Coast petitioned the United Nations to complete the demarcation of the Ivorian maritime boundary with Ghana. This occurred just days after the American exploration firm Vanco discovered oil in the Dzata-1 deepwater-well. The issue attracted considerable media attention, and some Ghanaian press sources claimed that the petition was an attempted oil grab by Ivory Coast. The Ghanaian authorities responded by passing the Ghana Boundary Commission Bill, establishing a commission with the purpose of undertaking negotiations in order to determine the country’s land and maritime boundaries. The Boundary Commission held a meeting with Ivorian delegates at the end of April, and the Ivorian delegation was led by Désiré Tagro, the Interior Minister. The two sides did negotiate on the delimitation's according to international law. The results of the fourth meeting were not announced, and no meetings have occurred since then. However, the presidents of the two countries did meet at the Presidential Palace in Abidjan on 15 July 2010 and discussed the boundary dispute, amongst other bilateral issues. At the moment, progress appears to be slow, and the nature of the discussions is uncertain.

Both countries have however expressed a desire to peacefully solve the dispute. Both countries had previously submitted routine documents to the UN Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf in April–May 2009. Both countries’ submissions mentioned that neither has signed any maritime boundary delimitation agreements with any of its neighboring states. To date, there are no pending cases of open dockets on the case at the International Court of Justice or at the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea.

This scenario takes place 5 years after the filing with the international court over the status of the maritime territorial dispute and the foot dragging by the UN. The Ghanian government decides that the time for talk is over and makes preparations for war

I have attached several screenshots of the map. I'm also attaching the scenario dump after the screenshots for those who would like a look what events I have so far.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario " War in West Africa" - 3/17/2015 8:58:02 PM   
lion_of_judah

Screenshot 2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario " War in West Africa" - 3/17/2015 8:58:36 PM   
lion_of_judah

screenshot 3

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: New Scenario " War in West Africa" - 3/17/2015 8:59:04 PM   
lion_of_judah

Screenshot 4

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: New Scenario " War in West Africa" - 3/17/2015 9:00:52 PM   
lion_of_judah

Scenario dump file

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> New Scenario " War in West Africa" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI