From: Central Texas
The lack of differentiation between ship classes has been discussed a lot, but I do not think much has come of it. I have a couple of suggestions.
1. Make engines less efficient and slower as ship classes get larger. I.e. engines on a frigate are only 98% as fast as on an escort. Thrusters on a destroyer are only 98% as fast as a frigate, etc.
2. Armor is more effective on the larger ships. i.e. armor on a frigate is 101% as effective on a FF as it is on an escort.
3. Cost, make things cheaper on larger size ships per the above formula.
4. Maintenance – make it moddable for ship size.
5. Make most of a ships components follow this rule, armor, shields, engines, thrusters, etc.
Make the adjustment changes moddable so people can play the game as it is now, or change things up. This way, everyone wins, those who want no change, and those who see value in class differentiation. The main thing is, have modifiers based on ship class.
< Message edited by solops -- 3/16/2015 5:15:29 PM >
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand