Guideline reporting, crashes, bugs or errors:
* Always start a new thread/post for a new issue, as it is easier to keep track of all bugs for us.
* Please include the version and build information seen in the top right corner of the credits screen.
* What problems do you see. E.g. which screen you are looking at, which buttons did you press to repeat the problem. How does the game go wrong, is your crash repeatable?
* Provide details of your machine (operating system, CPU, video card, memory) - best is to attach a Directx Dialog file.
* Attach the ctgw.log file within your thread/post - see below for instructions on how to generate the ctgw.log file.
* Attach the autosave file within your thread/post - see below for instructions on how to generate the autosave file.
* Attach a Directx Dialog file within your thread/post - see below for instructions on how to generate a Directx Dialog file.
* Attach a screenshot picture (press Ctrl+P at any time to save a screenshot, screenshots are auto-saved in "My Documents\My Games\Commander The Great War") of the game crash in your thread/post.
How to get a Directx Dialog file:
1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
6. open the text file, copy the contents, and post along with your issue.
How to get the ctgw.log file:
If you ever get an error or crash, please attach the ctgw.log file to your report, this will help us identify the problem. It's more useful if the error is during the AI turn, but it would be good for you guys to get used to uploading these logs. The logs are in your Documents, so the default is "My Documents\My Games\Commander The Great War"
Even if you're reporting a bad move by the AI, it would be helpful to see the log as this gives us a much clearer idea of what was going on when the issue occurred.
IMPORTANT: This log is overwritten every time you start the game. Please make a copy of the log after any crash/bug you want to report before reloading the game.
How to get the autosave file:
Autosaves can also be useful, especially if you can repeat the bug from the autosave. These are also in "My Documents\My Games\Commander The Great War\Save"
IMPORTANT: This save file is overwritten every time you press end turn. Please make a copy after any crash/bug you want to report before pressing end turn again.
NOTE: Please put your attachments in a .zip or .rar format, before you upload it here on the forum, if not, it will not upload at all.
If you follow these steps it will make it a lot easier for us finding the problem, fixing it and getting you up and running asap!
Thanks in advance.