Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Beta, PDU=ON please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Beta, PDU=ON please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Beta, ... - 3/1/2015 2:03:15 PM   
el lobo

I would like a list of the upgrade paths for all of the Japanese aircraft (air frames) for Scenario 2, Beta, PDU = ON.

Or a place to find this list, or a method to produce this list. I have tried Tracker and the Editor neither of which are real conducive to producing this.

This has had to been done umpteen times but I have searched for days without finding a complete list. (It should not have been days but a lot of my searches lead to AARs and a good AAR is like a good book, hard to put down.)

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/1/2015 3:28:02 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: el lobo

I would like a list of the upgrade paths for all of the Japanese aircraft (air frames) for Scenario 2, Beta, PDU = ON.

Or a place to find this list, or a method to produce this list. I have tried Tracker and the Editor neither of which are real conducive to producing this.

This has had to been done umpteen times but I have searched for days without finding a complete list. (It should not have been days but a lot of my searches lead to AARs and a good AAR is like a good book, hard to put down.)

Thanks.

Don't know why you are having difficulty extracting the upgrade path using Tracker. I have one in a spreadsheet but it's not scenario 2.

Go to aircraft, select Japan, sort name or number, look in upgrade To column for the Id number the a/c upgrade too. You will have to drag the column to get it where I have it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to el lobo)
Post #: 2
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/1/2015 3:45:49 PM   
dr.hal

There is a fantastic powerpoint slid show put out by Hanzberger at sshanzberger@aol.com but I don't know where it is on the forum.

(in reply to el lobo)
Post #: 3
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/1/2015 4:22:57 PM   
pontiouspilot

There are Japanese upgrade flow charts on here...I made a copy but couldn't tell you where to find them.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 4
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/1/2015 4:25:17 PM   
Malagant

This is from a PDF someone put together, a Japanese Economy Primer "draft". I can't find in the PDF who wrote it, so can't give credit, but it included this super handy diagram.

Attachment (1)

"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 5
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/1/2015 5:16:16 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: el lobo

Thanks.

PM me your email address and I'll send you SC 2 PDU upgrade list that I have. Courtesy of Hanzberger.

(in reply to el lobo)
Post #: 6
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/1/2015 5:22:29 PM   
Trugrit

Try this.

Go to this post number 2
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?

Save the attachment and then change the extension to .zip.

(in reply to el lobo)
Post #: 7
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/2/2015 12:59:07 PM   
el lobo

Hi Chris,

If I had discovered a clean list like your screen shot I would not have needed to do this post. I didn't find one so I posted.

However on playing with Tracker as you suggested, it appears that I may have had it awhile back and did not know it. I usually extract the Tracker page to a spread-sheet as soon as I get the data as I prefer to work from s/s, highlighting, better sorts, etc. It looks like I had messed-up the s/s and lost some of the data hence my comment as to not being conducive. My error.

I now have the data. Thanks for the big bump in the right direction.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 8
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/2/2015 1:00:44 PM   
el lobo

dr. hal,

It is indeed a fantastic presentation. See Trugrit's post below.

Thank you.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 9
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/2/2015 1:03:55 PM   
el lobo

pontiouspilot,

That made two of us. Is it Trugrit's post below?

Thanks for your reply.

(in reply to pontiouspilot)
Post #: 10
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/2/2015 1:04:59 PM   
el lobo

Hi Malagant,

Scen 1 but it looks interesting and a nice lay-out. I'll take a look as the more I look at, the more it all jells.

Thanks

(in reply to Malagant)
Post #: 11
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/2/2015 1:05:53 PM   
el lobo

Thanks Chickenboy, sent.

I like you AARs.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 12
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/2/2015 1:07:15 PM   
el lobo

Hay Trugrit,

These are some fantastic flow-charts. Followed you posted link and the directions in his Post #2, (and your .zip instructions) and extracted two Power Point presentations, Scen 1 and Scen 2. They opened in Open Office Presentation just fine.

Hanzberger and friends did a great job.

Thanks for your help.

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 13
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/2/2015 4:35:04 PM   
Chickenboy

Hi el lobo,

I sent you the attachment a short while ago by email. Hope that helps.

As for the AARs, thanks! It's been forever since I've updated any of them though...

(in reply to el lobo)
Post #: 14
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/4/2015 1:27:51 PM   
el lobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hi el lobo,

I sent you the attachment a short while ago by email. Hope that helps.

Got it. Thanks again.

quote:

As for the AARs, thanks! It's been forever since I've updated any of them though...

That's OK by me as I have a lot of catching-up to do on my reading.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 15
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/4/2015 1:33:37 PM   
el lobo

Thanks to all above.

I started working on my production system starting with aircraft and engines and after reading a few threads decided that I needed the information requested above to get my bearings.

Below are some of the threads I have discovered so far. I will keep searching but suggestions are welcome. Not all of these refer to Scen #2 or PDU = On, but all contain gems of information.

Japanese Production Primer by Numdydar
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3329605
A must read for all JFBs.

Japan AC upgrade chart UPDATED 4/3/11 1845 EST by Hanzberger
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?
A great flow- (wire) chart. Note that on a post at or near the end of that thread I attached a PDF of his same chart for Scen #2.

R&D Aircraft Factory Questions
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3792580

Initial Japanese factory damage
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3350910&mpage=1&key=

Food for thoughts - new Pbem match with PDU-OFF and RnD ON
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3578519&mpage=1&key=upgrade%2Cpath

Japanese R&D with PDU OFF
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3689727&mpage=1&key=upgrade%2Cpath%2Cpaths

Another JFB question (getting Maebashi and Gigu to produce)
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3592403&mpage=1&key=japanese%2Cproduction%2Cprimer�

Plus a bunch of AARs.

Also attached here is a quick and dirty spread sheet (to be fleshed-out by the user) with the a/c upgrade paths, and a PDF of the same, thanks to Tracker. These have a .txt extension as the forum engine does not support the attachment of s/s or pdf extensions. Change the extensions to the one capitalized in the file name. The s/s is .ods which is Open Office.

[ aircraft air craft air-craft airframe air frame air-frame upgrade up-grade path paths production ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to el lobo)
Post #: 16
RE: A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Be... - 3/4/2015 1:35:43 PM   
el lobo

Looks like you can only attach one file per post.

The PDF.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to el lobo)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A list of upgrade paths for Japanese A/C, Sen 2, Beta, PDU=ON please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI