Should I buy? WitE 2?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

IronWarrior

Should I buy? WitE 2?

Post by IronWarrior »

Hey all... wondering if I should pick this one up. WitP:AE is probably my favorite game ever made, and so far I enjoy WitW. I know there are issues with the air war in this one from browsing the forum, and I keep seeing mention of a WitE 2- is this something in the works or just some wishful thinking? Been searching the forum, but can't find answers. Trying to decide whether to buy this one and am a fan of 2by3's games. If a WitE 2 is planned, I might wait for that though. Cheers and thanks for any insight/help!
loki100

RE: Should I buy? WitE 2?

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

Hey all... wondering if I should pick this one up. WitP:AE is probably my favorite game ever made, and so far I enjoy WitW. I know there are issues with the air war in this one from browsing the forum, and I keep seeing mention of a WitE 2- is this something in the works or just some wishful thinking? Been searching the forum, but can't find answers. Trying to decide whether to buy this one and am a fan of 2by3's games. If a WitE 2 is planned, I might wait for that though. Cheers and thanks for any insight/help!

If I understand the comments about 2*3's plans then WiTE2 is some way off. They seem to want to do at least 2 more games based around the WiTW map/game system first.

With the current beta, WiTE is in good shape. Some things will frustrate, esp after WiTW (such as the much simpler supply system), but its still a great game and very engrossing
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

Thanks loki- I've been enjoying your AAR's btw. Been very helpful and great to read. :)
morvael

Post by morvael »

Too bad I killed it [:(]
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

Great game, really enjoying it so far. Really tough on my old red/green colorblind eyes though- especially the rail damage toggle and sometimes the soft factor info. :D
Any mods or ways to change this? Inconvenient on the smaller scenarios, but wanted to start a GC. Without this info (rail damage), just seems like it would be impossible to attempt.
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Jison's mod has different rail damage display.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

Thanks so much!

Now, to go see about one for WitW... :D

Edit- thanks again for below! Will give that a shot. Cheers!
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

The overlay art is compatible (RailStatus-zXX.tga files in ART/UNITS) but in WitW you won't be able to see the rail usage shading. Jison's mod will help with the soft factors too.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

Make sure and use the 'RainyDay' mod to the Jison awesome map mod, it makes it just perfect. See the main map mod thread at the very end of it...

Randy
:)
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

I did purchase WitE before christmas. I am playing the 1941 full campaign against the german AI and enjoy it. I am playing Turn 72, now end of october 1942.

Michel.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: rainman2015

Make sure and use the 'RainyDay' mod to the Jison awesome map mod, it makes it just perfect. See the main map mod thread at the very end of it...

Randy

I don't suppose you could be kind enough to provide a link [:)]
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Randy

tm.asp?m=3327255&mpage=9&key=&#3814871

Page 9 of that thread. (Thanks to rainman for sending me in the right direction :D)
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Randy

Go to this link on the last page, read the thread, it also has a changing picture that shows you what Rainyday looks like...it's FANTASTIC!

tm.asp?m=3327255&mpage=9&key=

Randy
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

Oh, duh, you were already provided a link, oh well, it's still awesome, check it out...:)

Randy

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”