Order of Aircraft Launches

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Midcon113

Order of Aircraft Launches

Post by Midcon113 »

This may be something simple that I've missed, but I'm wondering - is there a way to designate the order of aircraft launches when you have multiple missions in the Mission Editor? Take the Basic Air Tutorial - when I play it, I usually set up a CAP mission, a SEAD patrol, AWACS, OECM, a strike using the A-7s with LDGP bombs, and then finally a strike with the Intruders with the LDGPs. I then fire the scenario.

Inevitably, the A-7s with the LDGP bombs take off before the SEAD patrol. The AWACs and OECM patrols usually wait until the end, and that usually means that they don't really play a part in the strike.

I know I can manually control all this by just putting different activation times on each mission, but it would be convenient if I could designate a launch order in the Mission Editor.

Thanks!

Mark
76mm

RE: Order of Aircraft Launches

Post by 76mm »

+1
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

With multiple missions, I sometimes create the mission and then mark it 'inactive'. Then activate one of them, let it start to launch for awhile, then activate next, etc.
Michael
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

If its separate missions just fire the mission separately.

Advanced Strike Planner will probably handle this so I'm guessing will address how to guide airbase traffic when we get there. Lot of this stuff flows together so bear with us as we make progress towards it.

Mike
Midcon113

Post by Midcon113 »

Advanced Strike Planner will probably handle this so

That's what I suspected - I really can't wait for that thing! :) Thanks Mike!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”