Problemetic civilian ships trying to dock.

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Itazuki

Problemetic civilian ships trying to dock.

Post by Itazuki »

I have about 1580 ships waiting to dock on one of my planets, all of them are transporting Aculon to it even though it doesn't need any (it has stored around 2mil on planet).

I'm not sure what to do with this because even my capital doesn't have any aculon anymore, and those freighters still want to unload it on the other planet.

Can anyone help me with this?
Bingeling

RE: Problemetic civilian ships trying to dock.

Post by Bingeling »

What version of the game is that? In universe planets should have 20 docking bays and this should not be likely to happen.

As for the situation, are the freighters actually carrying anything? Do you have an aculon source or two? Are the docking bays of the planet opened or somehow blocked by damaged ships? You should be able to see the docked ships in the selection panel of the planet/spaceport.

It could be that something is "off" with you game in supply, demand, that kind of stuff. For curing it, I would see if I am able to scrap civilian ships (sort freighters by system) in the ship list, if not maybe try with the editor. But scrapping 1500 ships could be potentially awkward. In the ship list you can multi select with shift-clicking.
Itazuki

Post by Itazuki »

I've let the game play in AI for a bit now and it went back to around 1000 and all of them were carrying aculon.

I'll just wait until they're all gone and hope that it will solve itself.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

I wonder, are they really unloading there, or were they picking up to take to the capital?

Also, does the planet have a space port? If so, not enough docking bays on a space port could create a bottleneck.

1580 ships waiting to dock should not happen in the current version of the game.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”