Stacking limits

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

karmannkc

Stacking limits

Post by karmannkc »

Hey so I'm playing around with stacking limits and I was curious if anyone knew what the penalties for breaking the limit and the varying degrees to which thatlimit is broken. Is there any data available?

I ask because I was planning on reinforcing Midway with another base force and an Inf Battalion that will put the total troops at ~6400. 400 over the 6000 limit. I know supplies will dry up faster, but will it be prohibitively faster? Anyone got experience is said matters?

Thanks in advance.
No catchy signature as of yet...
HansBolter

RE: Stacking limits

Post by HansBolter »

I don't think anyone has hard data.

I have had about 6,160 stacked at Wake for over a year with no discernible impact.

Anecdotal evidence from other players is about all you can hope for short of sandboxing a test for yourself.
Hans

karmannkc

Post by karmannkc »

Ok. Cool yeah I was seeing if there were any statistical breakpoints. But your anecdotal evidence is certainly helpful, Thank You Hans! [:)]
No catchy signature as of yet...
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

Anecdotally, I'm confident in overstacking a 6,000-limit island by 10-12% w/ no adverse effect.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I don't have any formulas on hand, but I recall that at least rough formulas were posted by the developers. There is a supply penalty, a disruption penalty, and a fatigue penalty. The disruption and fatigue penalties are not huge but will have an impact.

All of the penalties increase such that if you go way over (several hundreds of percent) you just can't sustain it, especially for supply. For example if you over stack by 200% (meaning you are at 300% of the stacking limit) you will notice it very difficult to get units' disruption below the teens and you will have to feed in lots of supply. With adequate planning you can do that for a time, but only for a time. I think that is part of the intent of the design.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: jmalter

Anecdotally, I'm confident in overstacking a 6,000-limit island by 10-12% w/ no adverse effect.

I routinely stack 8000-9000 on 6000-man islands. Not a problem. 6000 is just below the breakpoint where you can defend the place as well as conduct air ops.
The Moose
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Are those additional men packed somewhere on a xAK Liberty Reef?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”