GD1938 Game 18 AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

cpdeyoung

GD1938 Game 18 AAR

Post by cpdeyoung »

The Great Patriotic War (Excerpts from the journal of J. Stalin)
I was at the dedication of a generator factory when the news came that Hitler had explosively attacked on two
fronts. He attacked into Holland, stopping only at the edge of Amsterdam. The Germans also attacked Poland, which
is far more crucial to us. We sent a quick telegram to Paris and told the French who had treaty obligations to the
Poles that we would be entering Polish territory. We also began to recover our Baltic territories.

We have read Hitler's little book, and we know he is no friend to the Soviet Union. We do not want war with Germany
now, but we need buffer areas in Eastern Europe.

We were going to continue our planned modernization, but this European war must be addressed. The attacks were a surprise
but our response was not all we could have wished for. We wanted to overawe the Baltic Nations, but they held our
rapid attacks off easily. Next month's combat had better be far more successful.

Attachments
StalinWithChildren.jpg
StalinWithChildren.jpg (15.77 KiB) Viewed 515 times
ironduke1955

RE: GD1938 Game 18 AAR

Post by ironduke1955 »

China warns the aggressors to turn back while they still can.

Attachments
china.jpg
china.jpg (24.04 KiB) Viewed 515 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

falco148

Post by falco148 »

In other war news, Germany continues its blitzkrieg into Poland and the Low Countries but is making rather hard work of it.

Italy declares war on France.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Nippon is only engaging in police action against the banditry running rampant in Manchuria! Lay down your arms, Bandits, and we will allow you to receive fair judgement from the Tribunal!
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The Red Army is advancing into Poland and the Baltic states with low causalities. We are almost being welcomed
and I know this is not because the Poles love us, but they love us better than the Germans. We are thinking of
changing our policy a bit. It is extremely difficult to trust a capitalist government. They have a natural hatred
of communism and that is in the back of their minds constantly. They have behaved well in Eastern Europe, and that
makes me want to encourage such behavior.

The Army has potential, but it is not in full fighting form, nor is the nations production up to speed. The fact
that our troops see Germans across a thin frontier wire is chilling. I hear, although no one tells me to my face,
that the Germans look like very fine troops. There are estimates they are three time as efficient as the Red Army.
The officers are afraid to tell me this, but I suspect it is worse. I did not purge the officer corps because I thought
it would make them more efficient, but because it would make them more loyal. I certainly want good warriors, but first
I want to know who they are fighting for.

So let us prepare for a major conflict, my people make your defenders strong!

Attachments
WorkerWithShell.jpg
WorkerWithShell.jpg (16.29 KiB) Viewed 515 times
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The Chinese are proud to say that when the imperialist attacked they were first to stand forward.

Attachments
th1ILHR0ME.jpg
th1ILHR0ME.jpg (15 KiB) Viewed 515 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

falco148

Post by falco148 »

Germany takes over the Netherlands (well almost)and destroys numerous Polish units south of Warsaw. Soviet units are already at the gates of eastern Warsaw. If Stalin wishes Warsaw for himself, the Fuhrer has no problem with that.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Wow! Those are awfully strong chinese conscripts...must be some nva in the ranks or something...artillery,air bombardment and combined arms and the Japanese can't even dent one stack. At this rate the war will be over within the year...and not in Japan's favor. [:(]
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

The Germans took Krakow which did not please us a bit. We took Bialystok and prevented the Germans from stealing
Kaipeda, which clearly is in the Soviet Baltic sphere. I think we would crack a tooth on Warsaw, so we avoided any
attack there this month. I explained to Herr Hitler that we had to violate some of the unoccupied territory in order
to straighten our lines. We offered them peace based on current boundaries, and whoever gets Warsaw gets it.

Looking at the maps with my military I see these Germans bear watching. Too strong by half.

Attachments
G18T03ForumImage.jpg
G18T03ForumImage.jpg (79.98 KiB) Viewed 515 times
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Germany finally takes Warsaw from the pesky Poles once and for all. Peace is made with Stalin & the USSR.
In the west Brussels is liberated and some territorial gains are made against the loathed French.

In other news the Italians make modest gains against the French in southern France and the Italian Fleet comes off 2nd best against
the combined might of the French & British navies.....:-(
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

In the East, our forces in a combined arms attack, has liberated the city of Tsingtao from the oppressor bandits and began to restore order! Meanwhile, the Japanese High Command continues to impress on our great troops the way of Bushido and honor. We shall defeat these pirates and bandits and drive them from this territory!
JRR
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Have to say, playing the Germans is an ENORMOUS amount of fun. You can virtually steamroller over anyone you want to.

On the other hand, I'm sure this will be the eventual downfall of us. You know Yin/Yang, Karma and all that guff.
May as well enjoy it while it lasts I guess......lol.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I had to congratulate the Germans on taking Warsaw, but the words stuck in my throat. My generals told me we would
have difficulty but the Wehrmacht took it with very light losses. I can hardly say how miserable this make me. I
am told Hitler is ecstatic. There were three very attractive targets in Prussia and Poland, but I am sure they were
a trap. We are not ready for war with Germany.

We may be ready for war with Finland. We will surely find out as we attacked them this month. Very light causalities
so far, but our submarines did sink the Finnish Navy in their harbor. Finland is no pushover and the war will surely
become a winter war. We asked the Finns to back off from Leningrad, but they refused. Probably Hitler's work behind
the scenes.

Military intelligence says the Germans are flowing West to make war on the French and British. I hope they hang them
out to dry. The communist state will be much safer if Germany is knocked down a peg.

Attachments
sovietair..erTurn4.jpg
sovietair..erTurn4.jpg (290.37 KiB) Viewed 515 times
falco148

Post by falco148 »

After Germany's gracious and generous actions toward the USSR with regards to Poland, Stalin's distinctly ungracious statement about hoping the Wehrmacht gets 'hung out to dry' are particularly distasteful. Upon hearing about the aforementioned remark, the Fuhrer flew into a rage and is currently chewing the carpet. He is threatening to turn the entire Nazi war machine to the East and, to quote...'kick Stalin's arse all the way back to Moscow.' Staff at OKW are currently trying to calm the situation....

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

This is the private journal of Comrade Stalin.

Only an enemy of the Germans and Soviets would be passing such slander. Of course no one actually knows what either
Hitler or Stalin thinks in their own mind.

Attachments
nazisovietpact1.jpg
nazisovietpact1.jpg (31.52 KiB) Viewed 516 times
falco148

Post by falco148 »

[:-]
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

China launches some small counter blows despite mounting Japanese pressure.

falco148

Post by falco148 »

Germany makes a rather ham-fisted effort to invade Czechoslovakia but on the Western front Antwerp is taken. The Royal Navy absolutely nails two U-boat units in the Atlantic. The remaining U-boats run away and hide as far from the RN as possible. The Fuhrers lack of experience in naval operations is rather telling here I think.

Italy makes small territorial gains in S.France. The Italian Navy also runs away and hides as it really doesn't want a repeat of the pasting it got from the Royal Navy on previous occasions. Mussolini's total lack of knowledge about naval warfare is also very very telling here. There are a number of small-scale infantry altercations with the British in East Africa.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

NEWSFLASH - Japanese spies are reporting that the Chinese and the Americans seem to have some type of political agreement to work secretly to undermine our hard fought gains in Manchuria! [X(] It is even being reported that a small contingent of Fighter aircraft are being flown by American pilots under the Chinese Flag. They appear to be painting these planes to look like some type of flying tiger! Japan will not stand still for this subterfuge and is logging diplomatic protests in Washington...although so far it is falling on deaf ears. Meanwhile, several of our brave air units have fought a large air battle over a northern city in enemy hands, and while sustaining moderate losses, inflicted untold damage to the enemies airpower. Bonsai!
JRR
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Do you by any chance mean 'Banzai!?' A bonsai is a small Japanese potted plant.....[;)]

Return to “After Action Reports”