How to succesfully do Poland?

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Steelwarrior7

How to succesfully do Poland?

Post by Steelwarrior7 »

I always seem to lack a few days to finish it and Warsaw is mostly a mess of units that need a week alone to break through them - really enjoy the game but need a few hints...
I usually end up with 44-46 VP....
DeriKuk

RE: How to succesfully do Poland?

Post by DeriKuk »

Move fast, do not attack anything that does not need to be moved or eliminated, and always soften up targets with artillery. If you get the extra time option, play the card. The main effort should come towards Warsaw from the southwest.
Steelwarrior7

Post by Steelwarrior7 »

Ok - so I will gain little Xp and will mostly overrun?
And if I pocket them but do not destroy - wont they be able to leave the pocket again or even retake VPs?
OttoVonBlotto

Post by OttoVonBlotto »

Keep your forward units moving especially the motorized and panzer units and hold them in the pockets with follow up infantry, once they have been pocketed for a couple of turns during which time you soften them up with artillery bombards and air strikes there supply and readiness levels drop dramatically, that is when to attack and destroy them, remember to use HQ Cards as they can help a lot.

Also you don't need to take Warsaw at all if your mobile enough to pick up and hold all the other victory points, but an envelopment from the northeast and southwest work well together if you do want to take it.
"Personal isn't the same as important"
Steelwarrior7

Post by Steelwarrior7 »

Thanks for the help - I´ll try and report back...
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Be sure to take advantage of the cards. The Haste cards give you extra MP and you can get your motorized units in position to form pockets pretty quickly. There never seem to be enough of those cards!

Depending on how well things are going I sometimes transfer XIX Corps and 10PD to the 3rd Army early, lose a turn or two in the proces but it does pay off, if you time it right, they then target going down the East of the map to Brest or Warsaw, depending on how kind the dice are to me.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Steelwarrior7

Post by Steelwarrior7 »

Thanks again - how to organize planes, artillery and engineers best - many times they are attached at armies but out of their reach....(green hexes)
Does it not mean that they will run out of supply?

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”