Help Feature

John Tiller's Battleground Series is a Hall of Fame lineup of games covering the Civil War and Napoleonic Wars. We've compiled these classic games into two new affordable collections, incorporating updated versions of these legendary titles. Incredible historical gameplay and great value!
Hyding

Help Feature

Post by Hyding »

If you had trouble using the help button in the past try it again. I now get a link to download a fix.

Most newer computers will not read the hlp files included to the game. What is new is that
clicking on the (?) help button will now get you a link to Microsoft taking you to a download
that will allow the help files to be read. This was not available a few years ago.

Rasputitsa

RE: Help Feature

Post by Rasputitsa »

Thanks for the tip, tried the Microsoft link, downloaded the appropriate file for my Windows 8.1 - 64 bit system, but on installation got the message that the file was not for my computer. [&:] There is some info on manual fixes which will work through, see if that makes any difference.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Hyding

Post by Hyding »

Sorry to hear that. I had no problem getting to work on my Windows 7.
I hope someone can offer advice. The link no longer appears on my computer.
I you could send me a copy of the link maybe I could check it out on another
computer. You are probably more skilled in this area than I am.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40899

This is the link that I was using.[:)]

The Microsoft link correctly identified that I was using a 64bit computer and I downloaded the recommended fix, but when I tried to run it, I got the message that it was the wrong file for my computer. I don't know in what way it is wrong, hardware, or O/S, but the same site has various other manual procedures to try.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “John Tiller's Battleground Series”