Antiair bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Lord Drakken

Antiair bug

Post by Lord Drakken »

I fought this battle three times in the Western Med. Every time I do so making several different choices the allies never undergo antiaircraft fire. The axis does but never the allies.

I am including this save game. You can reproduce it if you want.

A half hour before that a battle got stuck if I chose not to use the Finnish winterized abilities on defense.

In fact maybe you can tell me why the French are out of supply in Algeria. There are CW convoys and either aircraft or ships in all sea zones from Brest to Algeria. Same save file.

Thank you for your time.
Attachments
PhasingNa..SeaArea.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Antiair bug

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Lord Drakken

I fought this battle three times in the Western Med. Every time I do so making several different choices the allies never undergo antiaircraft fire. The axis does but never the allies.

I am including this save game. You can reproduce it if you want.

A half hour before that a battle got stuck if I chose not to use the Finnish winterized abilities on defense.

In fact maybe you can tell me why the French are out of supply in Algeria. There are CW convoys and either aircraft or ships in all sea zones from Brest to Algeria. Same save file.

Thank you for your time.
Using your saved game I could not reproduce the first problem you described. Both sides underwent AA fire. It can depend on which units are included in the combat (I had both sides roll a 1 for search numbers) and the number of attacking air units that get cleared through after the air-to-air combat.

I am using version 1.3.3.4, so that could make a difference - but I doubt it, since I haven't made any recent changes to the code related to AA fire in naval air combats.

---

I have fixed the problem with Land Combat Resolution using winterized units (in version 1.3.3.3, which the beta testers currently have in hand).

---

I didn't look at the supply situation - sorry.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

deleted
Paul
Lord Drakken

Post by Lord Drakken »

I was able to make it roll anti-air rolls but only if i used axis surprise points to modify the dice.

The French were put back into supply when I sailed a french convoy into the western med. This is a true bug. It is not recognizing the CW convoy as a friendly unit.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I was able to make it roll anti-air rolls but only if i used axis surprise points to modify the dice.

The French were put back into supply when I sailed a french convoy into the western med. This is a true bug. It is not recognizing the CW convoy as a friendly unit.

No bug where the AA rolls are concerned. I didn't have to do anything after the air-to-air combat to get both sides from firing AA guns....

However, there is indeed a supply bug here. The French units are allowed to use the CW convoy to draw supply out of Nice.
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

If the game "knows" the AA fire will be ineffective, then there'll be no roll. With small enough AA factors and few bombers, this can often happen depending on which units are included in the combat.
Paul
Lord Drakken

Post by Lord Drakken »

There were 8 AA factors so there should have been a roll or actually several. Once again, it was a weird situation but once I used surprise points it worked. Haven't had the same problem a second time either.

Thanks for the help.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

No bug where the AA rolls are concerned. I didn't have to do anything after the air-to-air combat to get both sides from firing AA guns....

However, there is indeed a supply bug here. The French units are allowed to use the CW convoy to draw supply out of Nice.
This is not a supply bug.

The French and the Commonwealth do not cooperate - hence they cannot use each other's convoys for supply.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Cooperation doesn't matter for RAW7 and RAC. Friendly CPs always conduct supply if active and if neutral, they conduct supply as long as no supply blockers are present.
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”