Multiplayer Question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

kaintzs

Multiplayer Question

Post by kaintzs »

Quick question on the conclusion of a multiplayer game using the online servers. Once someone resigns there really is no ending to the game, correct? No pop-up screen or final look at the map, etc, just the game goes into the "resigned" category? I really enjoy the server format but just seems lacking after the hours that go into even a mid-range scenario to have no reward or screen to summarize what happened. Sort of like "poof" the game is gone and you can't even get a final look at where both sides were.

Not the end of the world, but felt odd the first time through. Thanks.

-Scott
kaintzs

RE: Multiplayer Question

Post by kaintzs »

Closer inspection of the final e-mail indicated that there is a way to view the last turn but that in my case it doesn't appear to work. It says this:

This game is now complete but you can view a playback of the final turn by running Gary Grigsby's War in the and clicking Multiplayer. Select this game from the list of current games and click Play.

However, when I click on the game, which now shows up as resigned, it says "Cannot play this game it it not currently your turn". Strange.
kaintzs

RE: Multiplayer Question

Post by kaintzs »

Anyone figure out how to view completed games on the multiplayer server? Thanks.

-Scott

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”