Contact Report

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

RoccoNZ

Contact Report

Post by RoccoNZ »

Is it possible to list how a contact is being tracked in the Contact Report tab? So as well as listing any emissions coming from the contact, the detection source would be listed to i.e ESM Pod XYZ on [callsign], or AWG-9 on [Callsign] etc.
dusky

RE: Contact Report

Post by dusky »

It would also be great to not only see this for ESM sources, but for any detection source.
To see in the contact report all platforms & sensors that currently detect the contact (or how long ago it was detected) -- radars, sonars, visual, ...
This would help greatly when I need to decide which assets can RTB, or when adjusting EMCOM, but I still want to keep tracking some contact.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok you get info on the original detection in the message log but not current. Will add this to the wish list

M
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks, added to our stack.
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

+1 that
RoccoNZ

Post by RoccoNZ »

Thanks guys. Even if the original detention method and date/time was available on the contact report tag as an interim step that would be useful.
dusky

Post by dusky »

Thanks.
Another situation where it would be beneficial to know which sensors currently detect a contact is ASW warfare. Knowing that a goblin is currently detected only by hull sonars & shallow sonobuoys (or only towed arrays & deep sonobuoys) would be quite valuable.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Message received guys.

Thanks!

Mike
RoccoNZ

Post by RoccoNZ »

ORIGINAL: dusky

Thanks.
Another situation where it would be beneficial to know which sensors currently detect a contact is ASW warfare. Knowing that a goblin is currently detected only by hull sonars & shallow sonobuoys (or only towed arrays & deep sonobuoys) would be quite valuable.

That's exactly what I was thinking of...if I've only got a tenuous track on a target from a single sonar I'm not going to send a formation to sprint at flank speed. But if I'm tracking a goblin with a towed array ship somewhere else I'll be more aggressive repositioning assets.
Galahad78

Post by Galahad78 »

+1 at this.

Return to “Tech Support”