Resupply

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

JohnOsb

Resupply

Post by JohnOsb »

I'm testing one of Tazak scenario, which is the same one as IMG is posting, and I noticed something during resupply phase. The tank plt was in a fire fight with the enemy, destroyed the enemy tank plt, there was a lull in the fight so I give the command to the plt to start resupply.

The resupply was suppose to last 30 minutes but during the resupply phase an enemy tank plt popup and fired at the unit being resupplied. The tank plt fired back which is understandable.

But shouldn't the tank plt resupply get interrupt, which would cause it to go back to the last orders which was hold in place. That means the resupply was interrupted and would have to start all over again with resupply.

Hope I'm making myself clear with the question, I'm asking [:)]
IronMikeGolf

RE: Resupply

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Check the time for next action. I think, that so long as the unit is not routed, it will shoot during resupply and might get the finish time pushed back.

That makes sense. Doing a LOGPAC, the package is put in a covered location several hundred meters away from the defensive positions and you a have vehicles/squads one at a time to draw ammo, fuel, and chow. You'd have a reduced rate of fire, both for possibly being low on ammo, and for having part of the unit meeting the 1SG.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
JohnOsb

Post by JohnOsb »

I agree, what I didn't see was any indication that the time to finish the resupply ever got push back. it finish at around 30 minutes and continue to fight. There seems to be no type of interruption/penalty during resupply. I will check closer when it happens again.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

John if you have the save game showing the issue, can you post it for us? We did fix a couple resupply and timing bugs in the upcoming update.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
JohnOsb

Post by JohnOsb »

Will do. Not saying that it didn't happen, its just that I didn't see it or watch closely for it.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”