Resort Bases do not upgrade!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

hammer58

Resort Bases do not upgrade!

Post by hammer58 »

Help please,

I must be doing something wrong. I have designed and built a Resort base alone at a planet. I noticed it does not get any fuel from the private sector. It will go all game long without any fuel. When I upgrade the design and retrofit the resort nothing happens it will sit all game long with the message retrofitting to the next design type but will never do it.
No other messages like it needs some materials to finish the upgrade. I get nothing, but the private sector will drop off tourists and it will generate revenue for me. Only way to upgrade it is to scrap the old one and build a new one at the same site. Still the new one gets no fuel. Why am I having issues with this? I have looked around for other people having this same issue and I find no mention of it anywhere. I am playing distant worlds universe ver 1.9.5.10
I have downloaded the game on two different computers, and both have the same issue. So maybe I am not doing something right? Anyone have a fix for me?
hammer58

RE: Resort Bases do not upgrade!

Post by hammer58 »

I think I found the answer, I have not tried it out yet. But I do not have a cargo bay on it. The alert design message system does not promt me to include a cargo bay in the design. So I did not think to put a cargo bay on it. Now I will have to destroy it and replace it with a Resort base with a cargo bay and see if it will get fuel from the private sector and of course upgrade when I order it.

Trial under way will report back if that is the fix.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Yes, you need 1 cargo bay to upgrade.
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

After all, they need someplace to store the materials before building.

Same rule also applies to Space Stations, Monitoring Stations, (sometimes) Defense Bases and basically any non-planet orbiting, deep space structure.
hammer58

Post by hammer58 »

Ok after testing I can report back that yes indeed not having a cargo bay on my resort bases was my problem. What happens without a cargo bay, they will not get fuel from the private sector nor will they upgrade when ordered. Not having fuel is a problem if you have weapons on the station and it gets into a fight. No fuel for its reactors means no energy for the weapons.[:-]

I placed a comment about this in the tech section for a fix hopefully in the next update to distant worlds universe. I hope the devs make a change to the design screen to include a cargo bay in the resort design menu required items list for a resort design. [;)]
luke79

Post by luke79 »

Wow nice find, thanks for that. I was actually wondering the very same thing and in my last game I ended up just scrapping the old ones when I really needed to finally upgrade them.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Just a clarification...you do not need cargo bays if the base is above a colony. My spaceports and DB's always have 0 cargo bays (above colony's). All others I have 1. 1 is enough to hold the resources for upgrades. Don't forget a docking bay (I've done that on monitoring stations...ooof).
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Also, once you get the fuel generator tech, you will still need cargo bays for that to work as it does not feed directly into fuel tanks. It feeds into cargo, and from there it goes into your fuel tanks.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”