Effects of Moving a Bn or Higher HQs

Please post your wish lists for future updates and releases here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

IronMikeGolf

Effects of Moving a Bn or Higher HQs

Post by IronMikeGolf »

There is a span of time when command and control is degraded due to moving a HQ. That is because the HQ must be torn down and packed up prior to movement, move, and then set back up at the new location.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
Tazak

RE: Effects of Moving a Bn or Higher HQs

Post by Tazak »

Not if you have an secondary HQ that moves ahead and sets up, once their in position command is transferred allowing the primary HQ to packup and move, once setup in new location command is passed back.

Agree that higher level HQ's should have a setup/dismantle time similar to arty but don't see that a loss of C3i should be incurred when moving as long as there is a secondary HQ.
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

I did not say loss of C3I. I said degradation. "Jump" command posts do not have the comms nor staff assets of the primary. I was thinking along the line of the Readiness contribution of that HQ is reduced for the purposes of orders. I'd not reduce the Command Radius, as that is handled by the Jump CP.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

US command posts must be different then, the secondary HQ has the same functions and comms systems as the primary, its staff with the respective second in commands but fully able to pick up the slack if the primary is moving or under attack.

Within Infantry Bn's the support company HQ were normally used as the core of the secondary HQ, vehicles/officers/senior/junior ranks with key personal from Bn HQ such as the Bn 2IC, Int Sgt, RSWO etc.
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Yeah, very different. At Bn and Bde level, there is no formal alternate CP. At Div level, the TAC CP will hand over the battle to the Div Main CP, displace, then resume control of th battle from the Div Main.

Bn and Bde CPs do not exist in TOEs (neither equipment nor staffing). How they operate is up to the Commander and S3.
Jeff
Sua Sponte

Return to “Requested Features and Ideas”