Strange Replay Bug

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

spence

Strange Replay Bug

Post by spence »

Morning Air attack on TF, near Koumac at 113,156

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 7

Allied aircraft
F2A-3 Buffalo x 7
SBD-1 Dauntless x 15

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
F2A-3 Buffalo: 1 destroyed
SBD-1 Dauntless: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged
SBD-1 Dauntless: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
xAP Buenos Aires Maru, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAP Rakuyo Maru, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
xAP Hikawa Maru, heavy fires, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x SBD-1 Dauntless releasing from 4000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb
8 x SBD-1 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
12th Ku S-1 with A6M2 Zero (7 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(7 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
7 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 10000.
Raid is overhead

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring xAP Buenos Aires Maru

As an Allied Player I am no stranger to the replay bug. But it has been my experience before that when the bug is active the Allied Player sees all sorts of wondrous things like 3 torpedoes striking the flagship of the KB and similar things that he most certainly would wish for but which never happened in his game.

There is nothing exceptional about the bit of the combat summary cited above except that during the replay it didn't happen at all. Neither was a second attack by the SBDs nor was there any indication in the replay that my CD guns on Wake shot up a couple of IJN minesweeps.

I've never seen a replay that falsely reported a Japanese defeat(in this case omitted the Allied attacks). it's always been the other way round with Allied successes that never happened showing up in the Replay. Has anybody else seen something like this?
tiemanjw

RE: Strange Replay Bug

Post by tiemanjw »

I sent a CV raid against Ponape a while back... nothing happened in the replay, but when I checked losses it appeared that I took A/C losses in line with what one would expect if the raid did go off. I contacted my opponent, and sure enough, they hit the airfield and suck a few ships milling about. Nothing too big, but what I would call a minor allied victory I didn't get the joy of watching.
tigercub

RE: Strange Replay Bug

Post by tigercub »

odd
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”