GD1938 Wales

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

GD1938 Wales

Post by ironduke1955 »

Just a suggestion for the UK Map to remove Liverpool and add Swansea or Cardiff (Cardiff being the largest city Caenarfen being the capitol) , Liverpool is just to the North West of Manchester but they both come under a single conurbation, the English North West, The midlands is just to the North of London so Geographically its south of both Manchester and Liverpool, also bearing in mind that Newcastle NE England and Cardiff (Wales) were both major coal production center's at this time.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (30.52 KiB) Viewed 53 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ernieschwitz

RE: GD1938 Wales

Post by ernieschwitz »

I agree that the map looks alittle funny, when it comes to wales, but, if we extend it like you suggest, which I am all for btw, then we would have to move Ireland, or make Ireland smaller so that the two would not be connected.

The scale I am afraid is not working well for us regarding "small" details like that. I had begun work on a bigger map, but it would require a major overhaul of several GD1938 events.

So for now, I think you will have to accept Wales as being non-existant....
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Not a problem for me I am not Welsh, but simply changing the name of Liverpool to Cardiff would do the job.

Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I´ll think it over, it is certainly doable :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”