Error when trying to install new version

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ziolo

Error when trying to install new version

Post by ziolo »

Hi! I have problem when trying to install new version. I am getting irsetup message:
Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites\directx_mar2009_redist\Apr2005_d3dx_9_25_x86.cab.
What to do with it, any help?
C/MANO - The Digital Wargame of the Year
thewood1

RE: Error when trying to install new version

Post by thewood1 »

I know it is a stupid suggestion, but something is holding on to the dx3 installer it looks like. Have you tried rebooting?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I meant dx9
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

I rebooted, but still getting
Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites\directx_mar2009_redist\Apr2005_d3dx_9_25_x64.cab
[:(]
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

What version are you installing when this happens? The base game or the update? If update which one?

Thanks!

Mike
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

bump
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

What version are you installing when this happens? The base game or the update? If update which one?

Thanks!

Mike
Mike,
I was busy last months at work. Now I returned to CMANO. The same problem persists. Still getting message:
till getting
Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites\directx_mar2009_redist\Apr2005_d3dx_9_25_x64.cab

I was running Game of the year edition when it started crashing. I tried to re-install the 1.06 version. All in vain.
I also tried fresh start from scratch, uninstalled the CMANO and tried to install it again. But still getting the same message. I can not install the game again now... What is going on? Have you ever heard about this kind of problem? Many thanks in advance for help.

Attachments
setupproblem.jpg
setupproblem.jpg (55.97 KiB) Viewed 362 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

That error is telling you that there is something accessing one of the files in your direct x install folder so its preventing it from continuing.

First make sure no other applications are running while you install command or direct x. This includes Command[:)]

Next try and run the update manually. As long as you installed everything using installation defaults you should find the dxsetup.exe file here.

C:\Matrix Games\Command Wargame of the Year Edition\PreRequisites\directx_mar2009_redist\DXSETUP.exe

If that still doesn't work you can try downloading directly from microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

If that still doesn't work please try and run direct x diagnostics using the instructions in the link below. Attach the results so we can take a look.

tm.asp?m=3416272
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

Thanks Mike, I will try tonight!
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

Mike, I tried and got the same message again in the middle of the installation process. I was trying to install from the installation DVD I got when purchased the game. (I have uninstalled CMANO yesterday on one of my tries).
In location C:\Matrix Games\Command Wargame of the Year Edition\PreRequisites\directx_mar2009_redist\ I could not find any DXSETUP.exe .
I run the "dxdiag" tool to check the version of DirectX I had installed on my laptop and it stated that the DirectX 11 had been already on my computer.
I have attached the txt file generated by dxdiag.

Should I reinstall the DirectX 11 forcibly? Is the file corrupt or so? Or is it something else?
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(33.02 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Its definitely direct x. Try and reinstall it.

Mike
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

Hi Mike,
I tried to re-install the DirectX but it is a part of SP1 pack at Microsoft site download page and as such the installer says that this SP1 has been already installed on my machine.
I tried and installed DirectX components from separate link and got message that it has been installed, see attached.
Attachments
Directx.jpg
Directx.jpg (77.15 KiB) Viewed 365 times
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

I run installer from PC-DVD and get almost the same message that yesterday, slightly different details.
Attachments
setupproblem2.jpg
setupproblem2.jpg (51.67 KiB) Viewed 368 times
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

I run dxdiag again after installation failed.
What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
DxDiag26thFeb2015.txt
(33.02 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

The other pre-requisite program gives a message that is not required as already the same version has been installed.
Attachments
NET.jpg
NET.jpg (85.3 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Marder

Post by Marder »

I found the following answer in a forum:

"The only other thing I can suggest is clearing your temp directory if the problem is in fact reading from there rather than writing to the new location.
The usual OS disk cleanup tool (right click on a drive in explorer, pick properties, then disk cleanup on the general tab) should have an option to do this."

Maybe use Ccleaner, too. Seems like the C:MANO DVD copies temp-files to c:\ and cannot access them. (maybe of win8.1 c:\ protection or another instance running in the background)
Try rightklicking the cmano-setup and run as admin.
Check Taskmanager for weird things, too.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Maybe I missed it being commented on...make sure you follow the instructions on dx and make sure you install dx9 from the disc/download. installing dx11 will not help. dx9 contains specific libraries that are needed for games built on dx9. I saw you mention dx11 install and that has me concerned you aren't installing from the disc/download.
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

Thanks everybody for advice. [:D]
Tonight I managed to re-install CMANO v.107 and it works fine. At last.
I installed first on my wife's PC, to check how it goes and... did not get any error message. Her compa has Macafee AV. Then I simply disabled the anti-virus Trend MicroSA on my PC and managed to re-install the program![;)]

Therefore the principle cause of all my problems was... my anti-virus...
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Sorry for all the troubles Ziolo but glad you got it sorted. We'll try and get in touch with McAfee and see if they'll look into it.

Mike
ziolo

Post by ziolo »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Sorry for all the troubles Ziolo but glad you got it sorted. We'll try and get in touch with McAfee and see if they'll look into it.

Mike

Hi Mike, I am so happy to have CMANO back! You have mentioned McAfee but that AV on my wife's laptop did not give any problems. It was the TREND MICRO Safety Agent anti-virus on my Dell work-station.

Anyway it is good to know, in the first instant with problem like mine, try to switch off AV during installation.[;)]

Return to “Tech Support”