Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Zorch, Officer Crabtree
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo Page: <<   < prev  234 235 236 237 [238]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 3:36:05 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

You know what is really good.....Amaretto on the rocks with a tiny splash of hydrazine.*

*j/k

Hmmm - for us non-chemists, I looked up hydrazine on Google. Here is part of the first item on the search results, from Wikipedia:

Hydrazine - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrazine

), called diamidogen, archaically. A simple pnictogen hydride, it is a colorless flammable liquid with an ammonia-like odour. Hydrazine is highly toxic and dangerously unstable unless handled in solution.
ıHydrazine (antidepressant) · ıHydrazine sulfate · ıRocket propellant · ıBlowing agent

Blowing agent? So you put that in someone's drink and ... are you sure you were kidding, Cap?

My father used to be a chemist and worked for Bell Aircraft/Aerosystems for a while. He quit the job, but his friend stayed on working with hydrazine.

His friend eventually got fully disabled after it destroyed his kidneys and eventually caused his death (after many years of suffering)... nasty, nasty stuff.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7111
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 5:37:29 AM   
sprior

quote:

You know what is really good.....Amaretto on the rocks with a tiny splash of hydrazine.*

*j/k

Currently sat in drinky-poo queue are a bottle of gunpowder strength Pussers Rum, a bottle of Highland Park scotch and a 1/2 bottle of Glenmorangie. I may be gone for some time.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 7112
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 6:14:42 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

*j/k

Currently sat in drinky-poo queue are a bottle of gunpowder strength Pussers Rum, a bottle of Highland Park scotch and a 1/2 bottle of Glenmorangie. I may be gone for some time.

Or you may be well preserved forever!
Good to see you post again, sir!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 7113
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 1:24:06 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

*j/k

Hmmm - for us non-chemists, I looked up hydrazine on Google. Here is part of the first item on the search results, from Wikipedia:

Hydrazine - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrazine

), called diamidogen, archaically. A simple pnictogen hydride, it is a colorless flammable liquid with an ammonia-like odour. Hydrazine is highly toxic and dangerously unstable unless handled in solution.
ıHydrazine (antidepressant) · ıHydrazine sulfate · ıRocket propellant · ıBlowing agent

Blowing agent? So you put that in someone's drink and ... are you sure you were kidding, Cap?

My father used to be a chemist and worked for Bell Aircraft/Aerosystems for a while. He quit the job, but his friend stayed on working with hydrazine.

His friend eventually got fully disabled after it destroyed his kidneys and eventually caused his death (after many years of suffering)... nasty, nasty stuff.

Hydrazine was used to power the Space Shuttle orbiter Auxiliary Power Units (APU). These in turn powered the hydraulic pumps. When fueling the 3 hydrazine tanks crews were in SCAPE (Self Contained Atmospheric Pressurization Equipment)suits. You were fully enclosed in those things. I was a hydraulic systems engineer for the first 9 years of my time at Kennedy Space Center and we and the APU guys had the same supervisor. You did not go near that stuff without the right protective equipment.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7114
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 1:54:01 PM   
MakeeLearn

The Cossack Woman next to the Rail Road makes some good stuff.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 7115
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 2:23:30 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

The Cossack Woman next to the Rail Road makes some good stuff.

Yes. It looks like she is making industrial-strength rocket fuel there.

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 7116
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 2:42:23 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Stolichnaya plant, 1922

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/23/2018 4:40:16 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7117
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 5:18:17 PM   
sprior

quote:

Stolichnaya plant, 1922

Opening time was 1930

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 7118
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 5:23:13 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Stolichnaya plant, 1922

Opening time was 1930

Madam Stolichnaya working out the "recipe"

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 7119
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 5/23/2018 6:29:19 PM   
sprior

quote:

quote:

quote:

Stolichnaya plant, 1922

Opening time was 1930

It's mostly mud
Madam Stolichnaya working out the "recipe"

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 7120
Page:   <<   < prev  234 235 236 237 [238]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo Page: <<   < prev  234 235 236 237 [238]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI