Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Reg
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo Page: <<   < prev  173 174 175 176 [177]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/17/2017 12:03:37 PM   
Disco Duck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

There is a new government requirement to do mental health screening on adolescents with Medical. It's called the PHQ-2. As you might guess it is unrealistic and not very helpful. The thing is, if you ask an adolescent girl if they "have experienced depressed mood, hopelessness, lack of interest or sleep problems" 90% will answer yes. Now, they aren't all really depressed, of course, but a very high percentage of teenagers have trouble going to sleep because they spent the whole damn summer going to sleep at 3 AM and waking up at 1 PM.

Give me a 4 month old any day. They almost never complain.

Every teenage boy that is trying out for wrestling expects to compete 20 lbs below his weight...

FAM: I think the 112 weight class might be unrealistic for you.

Teen: That's what I wrested at last year.

FAM: Well, perhaps but you are 4 inches taller.

By the way....you parents of teens....the Brazilian-style shave jobs are getting younger and younger. We are talking 7th grade. Now, this may be "just in case" but I'm not so sure.

Read "The sleep thieves". The researcher does a very good job showing that teen need to go to bed late and and sleep. Also ADD symptoms have a lot in common with poor sleep patterns.

There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 5281
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/17/2017 12:39:19 PM   
ny59giants

Mental health screening for adolescents - As a former crisis counselor for children (9 years worth), a few follow up questions to ask. Have you broken up with a boyfriend/girlfriend in the last two months? Have your parents (or guardians as many are being raised by grandparents) taken away your cell phone in the last month as consequence for negative behaviors? These two areas are the biggest triggers for kiddos to become SI/HI and are more 'situational depression' rather than clinical depression.

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 5282
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/17/2017 4:48:32 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Disco Duck

quote:

There is a new government requirement to do mental health screening on adolescents with Medical. It's called the PHQ-2. As you might guess it is unrealistic and not very helpful. The thing is, if you ask an adolescent girl if they "have experienced depressed mood, hopelessness, lack of interest or sleep problems" 90% will answer yes. Now, they aren't all really depressed, of course, but a very high percentage of teenagers have trouble going to sleep because they spent the whole damn summer going to sleep at 3 AM and waking up at 1 PM.

Give me a 4 month old any day. They almost never complain.

Every teenage boy that is trying out for wrestling expects to compete 20 lbs below his weight...

FAM: I think the 112 weight class might be unrealistic for you.

Teen: That's what I wrested at last year.

FAM: Well, perhaps but you are 4 inches taller.

By the way....you parents of teens....the Brazilian-style shave jobs are getting younger and younger. We are talking 7th grade. Now, this may be "just in case" but I'm not so sure.

Read "The sleep thieves". The researcher does a very good job showing that teen need to go to bed late and and sleep. Also ADD symptoms have a lot in common with poor sleep patterns.

Certainly true. They really can't help themselves.

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 5283
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/17/2017 11:41:17 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I have a sociobiological explanation for this.

************************50,000 BC, Lescaux, 01:00**********************

<the chief, Onkh, (30 year old) has long since gone to sleep because he is biologically programmed to wake up at 06:30...Onkh Sr, at the improbable age of 55, used to wake up at 04:45 but he was taken by a sabretooth while emptying his prostate-obstructed bladder.....a blood-curdling rumble is heard in the bushes....>

Beavis: What's that?

Onkh Jr: It's a f****** cave bear. Wake up Onkh.

Neavis: You do it.

Onkh Jr: No, you.

Beavis: He's your dad, dude........

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 9/17/2017 11:42:44 PM >

Post #: 5284
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/18/2017 1:21:40 AM   
T Rav

I've been out with now power for a couple days. Back now... Glad to see you are still beating the Obergruppens of the world.

T Rav

Post #: 5285
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/18/2017 1:15:18 PM   
Disco Duck

quote:

ORIGINAL: T Rav

I've been out with now power for a couple days. Back now... Glad to see you are still beating the Obergruppens of the world.

T Rav

Glad you have power again. My cousin was only out for a day but her daughter ended up with a tree limb through the living room couch.

There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 5286
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/19/2017 6:21:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: T Rav

T Rav

Don't think I technically won. There was the transient satisfaction of annoying the crap out Obergruppenfurher Borman but they seem to made their mark on my arm...so to speak.

quote:

Good Morning Mr Mandrake,

It means the violation of landscape maintenance for your property will remain open until the approved front yard landscape plans you submitted and have received approval for, are completely installed so the architectural committee can see the overall look upon completion and so management can then determine if any other trees and other plant material may need further evaluation for trimming, clean up, removal, etc. Thank you for your understanding that continued maintenance at each individual homeowner’s property is a necessary requirement as outlined in the CC&R’s and not something that can be performed sporadically or years apart, it must continue regularly.

Kindest Regards,

Frau Braun

XXXX Master Association | Community Standards and Racial Purity Coordinator
SA Property Management, LLC.

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 5287
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/19/2017 6:23:19 PM   
Cap Mandrake

F****** ****

Post #: 5288
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/19/2017 8:05:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I was able to get even with the Waste Management guy. I found it an extra can is only $5.40 every 3 months...that's about 40 cents a week. So I ordered 5 extra cans and labeled them "Uno, dos, tres.......seis"

Pathetically childish but he started it.

Post #: 5289
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/21/2017 9:47:09 PM   
anarchyintheuk

You're in a battle of wits with WMG . . . acting childish makes it somewhat even.

Post #: 5290
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/21/2017 10:42:47 PM   
Chickenboy

For a mere $5 every three months (per can), I will not contact your HOA and, pretending to be a distraught neighbor, complain about the number of cans in front of your house.

Post #: 5291
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/23/2017 4:14:00 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

For a mere $5 every three months (per can), I will not contact your HOA and, pretending to be a distraught neighbor, complain about the number of cans in front of your house.

That is no threat as long as I put them away on Tuesday. I have got letters for that too.

Went to the Tom Petty concert at the Hollywood Bowl last night. Quite a blast although the hemorrhaging of money does not stop when you buy the tickets. Bottle of $8 wine is $42. Parking $25. Apparently the thing to do at a Tom Petty concert is to vape some bud to try to keep up with the headliner who has a head start on you. Fantastic show. Great venue with a fantastic sound system. About 6 or 7 total audience sing-alongs which also sound fantastic due the design of the venue. I think everyone practiced in their car on the way in.

Lucinda Williams was the warm-up act. She is pretty good with a bunch of songs about Texas and people killing themselves with a 44
and that kind of thing. She sang a song which was a thinly veiled song about Trump and, of course, which blamed Hurricane Maria on
me for driving an SUV once. Petty had a cool new song about homeless people and implying the need for wealth distribution which I
found ironic given the price of the tickets and the $42 bottle of $8 wine. Seems to me we were already doing that.

The bench style seating in the upper half of The Bowl encourages row-crashers who move down the venue and wedge themselves in by sheer bravado. Stalker Girl shut down one row-wedger. I was quite impressed. He looked genuinely afraid.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5292
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/23/2017 4:23:03 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

She sang a song which was a thinly veiled song about Trump and, of course, which blamed Hurricane Maria on
me for driving an SUV once.

Patent nonsense. Because you drove an SUV once, you've spawned Hurricane Harvey. She oughta know better.

Post #: 5293
RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back fro... - 9/23/2017 4:24:38 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

That is no threat as long as I put them away on Tuesday. I have got letters for that too.

For a mere $6 every three months (per can), I will not contact your HOA and, pretending to be a distraught neighbor, complain that you have left your cans out AGAIN on a Wednesday.

Post #: 5294
Page:   <<   < prev  173 174 175 176 [177]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo Page: <<   < prev  173 174 175 176 [177]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI