Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is This Possible? (Air Only)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Is This Possible? (Air Only) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is This Possible? (Air Only) - 12/15/2014 1:12:50 PM   
pz501

I'm starting to use the editor included in the game, and just wondering if it's possible to create a 1943-45 or 1944-45 Air Campaign similar to the Training Scenario that's included, but covering the entire campaign period?

To do this, it looks as though to keep ground units out of the game, their arrival times should be advanced to a number of turns to where it's impossible for them to appear in the game. If I were to use the delete option in the editor, would this work too?

Also, if the East Front Box units (Axis and Soviet) are removed, does this affect things, or is it better to leave them alone? Also, will the East Front advance on it's own, or are the units required? It would be nice, but I don't think it necessary for the Western or Italian Fronts to move (there'd be no active units).

I've also seen that the training scenario leaves the Westwall, and Italian Fortifications in place, so I'm supposing they, along with the Higher HQ's for both sides must remain?

I'm basing all of this on an examination of the air training scenario, so I don't know if what I'm thinking of is feasable at all, or do system limits prohibit this?

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on these things.

Post #: 1
RE: Is This Possible? (Air Only) - 12/15/2014 2:00:42 PM   
Red Lancer

Very possible - I'm doing it at the moment.

-If you leave out the EF Box the game ends in Aug 45. 
-You can use the delete option but remember to leave the Air HQs on the map.   You can also increase the delay to beyond the end game. I use 999 - Trey uses 250.
-You can remove Fort Units.

As has been hinted elsewhere we are looking at better VP settings for the Air Campaign.  Feel free to suggest some if you like.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 2
RE: Is This Possible? (Air Only) - 12/15/2014 5:01:50 PM   
Helpless

quote:

As has been hinted elsewhere we are looking at better VP settings for the Air Campaign.  Feel free to suggest some if you like.

The plan is to make it possible to set them in editor at some point.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 3
RE: Is This Possible? (Air Only) - 2/16/2015 12:17:49 PM   
solops

I would really, really like to have an air only campaign as an option!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 4
RE: Is This Possible? (Air Only) - 3/9/2015 12:49:53 AM   
GFelz

Oh yes. i like that idea. Would be very interesting to try different air only scenarios to be later used in a full game.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Is This Possible? (Air Only) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI