Getting error: action not supported

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
waylander8007

Getting error: action not supported

Post by waylander8007 »

Hi, I have recently purchased cross or iron & panthers in the fog, while panthers works fine whenever I try to start cross of iron (thru the the quick start or directly from cc3.exe) i'm getting a message on the screen Close Combat Error: action not supported.
I have tried running it as administrator and in compatibility mode win 98 but no luck.
Hopefully someone will be able to help as I remember this game from back when I was younger and I can't wait to get it up and running

Thanks

I'm running win 7 sp1, i5 2.8 4 core, 4 GB ram
SteveMcClaire

RE: Getting error: action not supported

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Waylander8007,

It sounds like a DirectX related error. You're getting this error immediately -- i.e. before even the game main screen displays?

First steps I would suggest is updating your video driver (see the video card manufacturer's website for possible new versions) and updating DirectX (See https://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113/ for Microsoft's download info.)

You might also try holding down the CTRL key while you start the game via the 'quick start' shortcut. This should bring up the game's options dialog box where you can try using different screen resolutions to see if that helps.

Steve

waylander8007

Post by waylander8007 »

Hi thanks for the reply it was happening straight away before the main screen
I had recently updated my drivers but had some issues so I del then installed again and it's working great
Thanks for the help
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Glad to hear you got this resolved, Waylander, and hope you enjoy the game.

Steve

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”