Windows 7 Home Premium game won't run

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Warhorse

Windows 7 Home Premium game won't run

Post by Warhorse »

I've read all the FAQ's, have uninstalled, reinstalled the game, uninbstalled, reinstalled all the visual C++ redistributables also, to no avail. I STILL get the side to side error and the game will not run. Has anyone else using Win 7 been having any problem and overcome it? I've asked over at the devel forum, and we are stumped, no ideas...
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Warhorse

RE: Windows 7 Home Premium game won't run

Post by Warhorse »

Sorry, 64 bit, have tried everything I found on the internet, even in regedit, changing default set of c++, nothing works.
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Tim41

Post by Tim41 »

Have not been on for a while...
I was using the old Talonsoft EFII Gold, WF Gold and Rising Sun versions on my XP till it recently died. I am running a Windows 7 Professional with 64 bit and having no problems, though I'm running the 1.04 version over a downloaded copy. I could not load 2.02 and have been using the 1.04 version on the Matrix site. I'm in my third campaign battle and all is operating fine. I don't know if it will continue to, but 5 battles in three campaigns (3 in 1) and no problems. I have the hard disk version of the game, and planned to unload it-reload the hard disk and apply 2.02 as suggested...but why mess with a good thing? I gave up when this first came out but now I have to buy a 'new' XP if I want to play a lot of old games. I'm amazed. The game didn't work at all for the longest time-shooting horses and such. I got frustrated, but I have to say it's working fine. Maybe try loading only the 1.04 version for now?
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Sorry to hear that Mike,

Unfortunately I'm not much help. Been running Win 7 Home Premium for going on 3 years, 64 bit I think.
Have 1.04 installed and CS2.1 over a fresh disk install in parallel. Even have your Korean War mod installed plus
Stephan's Modern Wars installed, no issues.

Good Luck!!!

John
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

It appears I finally got it running, lots of playing around in regedit and such!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

It appears I finally got it running, lots of playing around in regedit and such!!
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
carll11

Post by carll11 »

I run what you run....I have a 'failure to create primary surface' error due toi a video issue...*shrugs* can't lick it.

what did you do in your regedit? whats more, what led you there?

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”