Can fast transport TFs make contested landings?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

richlove

Can fast transport TFs make contested landings?

Post by richlove »

Subject says it all, I think. I have 4 APDs in Brisbane, and I want to use them to land a USMC Raider Battalion somewhere (occupied by about 200 IJA troops). When I create a FT TF, it wants the troops in strategic mode (?). What am I doing wrong? Should it be an amphibious TF instead?
Jorge_Stanbury

RE: Can fast transport TFs make contested landings?

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Doesn't seems to be right; I have done many fast transport missions with troops on combat mode.

snapshots can sometimes help

can you try docking the TF before loading?
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

ORIGINAL: richlove

Subject says it all, I think. I have 4 APDs in Brisbane, and I want to use them to land a USMC Raider Battalion somewhere (occupied by about 200 IJA troops). When I create a FT TF, it wants the troops in strategic mode (?). What am I doing wrong? Should it be an amphibious TF instead?

Most plausable explanation would be that you inadvertedly set to 'Transport' instead of 'Fast Transport'. Did you doublecheck on TF type?
richlove

Post by richlove »

Sure, here's the FT TF docked @ Brisbane:

Attachments
FT.jpg
FT.jpg (132.72 KiB) Viewed 31 times
richlove

Post by richlove »

.... and I figured it out, at least the loading part. The 3rd Marine Raider Btn was in rest mode. Flipping it to combat mode allows me to load it. A small bug in what's displayed in the 'status' column, maybe? Here's the original troop load screen before I flipped them to 'combat'.

Back to my original question - can I use this TF to amphib assault an enemy held base? I've never tried that with a FT TF, and I can't find a mention of it in the forum.

Attachments
load.jpg
load.jpg (146.43 KiB) Viewed 31 times
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

4 APDs are not going to carry a lot of troops or bring a lot of supply, so it would have to be a pretty small scale amphibious landing, but I think I have used them to take unoccupied bases. My memory is a little hazy about it at the moment.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

I have used fast transport to take empty dot bases, empty bases, and reinforce existing landings. Never tried an initial attack but I think it would work.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

I have used fast transport to take empty dot bases, empty bases, and reinforce existing landings. Never tried an initial attack but I think it would work.

You should add this tool to your repertoire, particularly for early war Japan.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”