A few early thoughts and questions

Games Workshop’s “Battle for Armageddon” setting in a series of amazing multiplatform, turn-based, hex-based games. Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon will make full use of Slitherine's expertise in creating compelling and challenging strategy gaming experiences. The initial game is set during the Second War of Armageddon and players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines®from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.
satisfaction

A few early thoughts and questions

Post by satisfaction »

I'm a long time Panzer General/Korps player (and every expansion) and big 40k fan so I'm very biased to like the game. It's a good game, with great long term potential. It seems like it came out a little bit early to get ahead of the shopping season, which is totally understandable and it is fully playable. Now for a few questions. There are some many situations where the AI does not move at all and just lets me pound them from range, even while having a motorbike in an easy position to move and attack my artillery. Lots of instances like this, seems like the AI could use a little aggression boost. Also what is Glory? and why is it important? Can't find anything about it. Also about replacements, a few questions. It would be nice to see how much replacing them is going to cost. I've hit that button and seen all my purchase points go poof. Also am I better off waiting until after a scenario to replace? For example in PC if you waited until after a battle replacements were much cheaper. Also would be nice to see what type of replacement points I received after a battle and allow me to decide to fix my units. It seems there is an auto fix that happens and all it does is drain my replacement pool, often fixing units I may have just wanted to disband. Finally some type of tooltip would be nice describing the weapons when I hover the mouse over a weapon name. I have a pretty good handle on what an autocannon is, but not sure what some of the others are and what use they are. Overall I definitely recommend a buy on this one and think it has incredible long term potential. Would love to see continued attention and many DLC to come.
"Losers always whine about trying their best, winners go home and "enjoy" the prom queen."

Sean Connery, The Rock
Razz1

RE: A few early thoughts and questions

Post by Razz1 »

Check out the Boot Camp in the War Room.

Glory shows your progress during a campaign. That's all I know for now.
Replacements are the same cost during play and in between scenarios.
You can right click on the icon in the menu on the right to see more information.
satisfaction

Post by satisfaction »

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know anything about if there is some type of auto replace between scenarios? and if there is man it would be great to disable that sucker. Guess I will quit waiting end of battle for replacements.
"Losers always whine about trying their best, winners go home and "enjoy" the prom queen."

Sean Connery, The Rock
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Doesn't help that the manual really is not much help.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

ORIGINAL: satisfaction

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know anything about if there is some type of auto replace between scenarios? and if there is man it would be great to disable that sucker. Guess I will quit waiting end of battle for replacements.

Yes, there is auto replace.

see thw War Room.

tm.asp?m=3749685

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”