Hotfix FC Red Storm v207

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Andrew Loveridge

Hotfix FC Red Storm v207

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello All,

We have a quick fix that corrects issues with PBEM++. It can be found here

V2.07 Changes Nov 28th 2014

Bug Fixes
    1 Steam PBEM++ Login Failed[/b][ul] Games bought through Steam could not log in to Slitherine / Matrix PBEM++ for online play. The serial number kept coming back as blank. This is now fixed.
2 PBEM++ Integer Conversion Error
    PBEM++ would sometimes throw an integer conversion error on part of a date. This was a localization issue and has been fixed.
3 Missing SAM Launch Hint
    When a unit fires a Surface to Air Missile (SAM) that unit will now pop up a combat hint above the unit to show that it fired that type of weapon. This should help in seeing when those attacks happen, as the sound effect is sometimes lost in heavy fighting.
[/ul]
ultradave

RE: Hotfix FC Red Storm v207

Post by ultradave »

Downloaded and installed. The errors I was getting when trying to respond to a PBEM++ challenge are gone now and it looked like I was logged in and was able to send a turn with no errors.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Glad to hear it. Keep us posted if anything else pops up.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

I successfully logged into PBEM++ from Steam after the patch and set up my login, but on subsequent tries it's telling me that my serial number is owned by another login. This may be a factor that I recently did the consolidation of logins for the Matrix/Slitherine sites, so have had to change my in game login over multiple games. I did mistakingly first used my old login in Flashpoint, but it looks like Flashpoint is the only game giving me trouble, and doesn't let me log in with either my old or new login.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

map66, I'll pass this on to Rob and Matrix. We will have to see if this is a server side issue or not. One thing you can try if you gave it the wrong info is to go into the Red Storm game folder and rename the Flashpoint.ini file to a .bak and restart the game. This should create a new blank default ini with blank PBEM inputs. Use your correct account setting and see if it will let you in more than once. I can get into the Steam PBEM++ on multiple tries here.

marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Thanks Capn for the quick reply.

I renamed my ini file, and was able to successfully log-in to the server. But then I exited the game, and tried to do so again, and got the same error of my serial belonging to another account. I did notice in the ini file that the line of P= below my multiplayer login, which I assume is supposed to be my multiplayer password, is different from my actual password, albeit the same number of characters. I tried to manually change that line to my real password, but didn't work. Perhaps is there some form of encryption going on into the ini file that is messing things up?
Axyl

Post by Axyl »

My Steam copy has updated to 1.07, but the serial number field is still blank, when going to register an account? (I did try deleting the .ini file too.)

Is there a different process that I'm meant to follow?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Axyl, are you using a login registered for the Slitherine PBEM system?

ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Just a further confirmation that after the hotfix we've exchanged a couple of turns with no problems. Thanks very much for the quick fix.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”