Purchase question

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

WAMedic_slith

Purchase question

Post by WAMedic_slith »

Just happen to stumble upon this game while browsing Steam. Looks like a great game. Have watched several AARs on youtube, love the fact there is no micromanaging units and excessive 'clicking.'

Two questions:

1. is there any benefit or disadvantage to purchasing through Steam vs. Matrix's site?? Never quite understood the difference.

2. how is the multi-player, especially for noobies?
CapnDarwin

RE: Purchase question

Post by CapnDarwin »

1). Where you buy is a matter of personal taste. If you have many games on Steam then you can buy the game from either location. Matrix will give you a Steam key. Both will update the game.

2). Multiplayer is play by email (PBEM). You issues orders and send to your opponent after the game resolves the action up to the next order input (could be either player).
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

If you buy the game on Matrix you will get a steam key and can get updates in either place. If you buy the game on steam you can't register it here on Matrix. At least that's my understanding.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
TonyAAA

Post by TonyAAA »

ORIGINAL: WAMedic

1. is there any benefit or disadvantage to purchasing through Steam vs. Matrix's site?? Never quite understood the difference.

Don't know if this is an error, but it's currently $29.99 on Matrix (40% off sale), yet only $9.99 on Steam (80% off sale.)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tony, it was a mistake by Steam. It has been fixed.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

I'm a big fan of STEAM (you should see my DESKTOP screen) but I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you categorically to buy it here.

STEAM updates are great but will come in most cases after the same update is released on Matrix. Add to that that the Matrix update is truly an option 'cuz you only have to update if you wish (read about the update here before you grab) unlike STEAM that just claims you can turn off auto update (been a STEAM user for years and years and years). I've had auto update turned off forever but somehow my stuff keeps getting updated. Not a real issue except for one game that updated when I didn't want it to and that wasn't really that big of a deal either but still - more control here and:

[center]WAY - WAY - BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE!![/center]

... if you ever need it.

Buy FPC:RS from Matrix. Then if you want STEAM to see it get the steam key when you need it.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Fontenele

Post by Fontenele »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

If you buy the game on Matrix you will get a steam key and can get updates in either place. If you buy the game on steam you can't register it here on Matrix. At least that's my understanding.

Good Hunting.

MR

Good afternoon everyone,

Is there a way to register Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Player's Edition bought at Steam here at Matrix Games site?

Thanks,

Fontenele
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: Fontenele

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Good Hunting.

MR

Good afternoon everyone,

Is there a way to register Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Player's Edition bought at Steam here at Matrix Games site?

Thanks,

Fontenele

The answer I was told was 'No'.

You can't buy on Steam then register it here. You can buy it here and get a Steam key.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Fontenele

Post by Fontenele »

Thanks for the information Mad Russian

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”