I lost....

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

GBS

I lost....

Post by GBS »

Here's my take on BASPM. Most addicting game I have owned in many years and I have over 30 war games. The game ended when USSR landed a man on the moon in 1972. I had just, that season, completed a duration II orbit of earth to let you know where I was. My accomplishments included having satellites in orbit around the Sun, Moon, Mars, and one on the way to Venus. I thought these were important as they provided much prestige which was needed to get the funding I needed to start and complete programs.Does the AI cheat. it seemed to me that I was slowed down by program failures and lack of money (didn't the US win in reality because they could out spend the communist?) while the soviets experienced great successes. Any way I wish the game would have allowed me to continue to see how long it would have taken me to reach the moon. Another idea would be to allow the game to be played against the historical schedule to see how we can do against what really happened. I played on the middle setting, Hard. One last thing, I am not sure I want to start another game as I am not sure I can do much better than I did, on that setting at least.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
czert2

RE: I lost....

Post by czert2 »

yes, sometomes i think that game want me to lose/fail. Rly - 3x in row rocket explosion (or diffrenet total failure of mission) on average 95% hardware..srs in that ?
but to your problem - i think it was you :) since you to much focused on spaming probes all around ignoring human programs.
I think that devs should implement some advice program which will tell you which goals you should complete during that season (showed everytime during budget update?), of yourse with even more increasing maximal budget, since as you writed you have maxed needed prstige but still didnt have enough money for existing programs.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”