Possible issue with cash check when retrofitting private stations

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Yank31

Possible issue with cash check when retrofitting private stations

Post by Yank31 »

Greetings,

I hope I'm posting on the good section of the forums, if not, please redirect this thread to where it should be, with my apologies.

Ok, so I've noticed a possible oddity with the charge of the cost of retrofitting private sector stations.

At the moment, when you issue a retrofit order to a private station (*), the game seems to do a check on STATE "cash in hand". If you don't have enough cash in hand to cover the cost, game will return the message "NOT ENOUGH MONEY" and will not allow you to retrofit.

However, it seems that PRIVATE sector "cash in hand" is the one supporting the retrofitting cost in the en. After each private station retrofitting, PRIVATE "cash in hand" diminishes accordingly to the cost of the retrofit (and STATE "cash in hand" gets inflated by same amount).

In short, there seems to be an inconsistancy there. In this situatin, shouldn't the game check for PRIVATE "cash in hand" instead of STATE "cash in hand" ?

(*) Edit : command is issued via the "Selection Panel" interface at the bottom left, didn't test it via the "Ships and Base screen" window. Although I'd think it's the same.

PsyKoSnake

RE: Possible issue with cash check when retrofitting private stations

Post by PsyKoSnake »

Yeah it's a little bug.

the way to ez bypasse this is to keep some cash in hand and retrofit for exemple: 20k worth of station.
You have now 40k on hand. you repeat with 40k.
You have 80k on hand.

So after 5 minutes your retrofited all you station fo 200K when you started with 20k.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”