B-29 Advice

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

zulurider

B-29 Advice

Post by zulurider »

Ok, excited to get my first shipment of B-29s at Aden ---- any advice on the best initial deployment for these beasts??
Amoral

RE: B-29 Advice

Post by Amoral »

Use them from level 5 airfields at night to bomb manpower at bases that include oil refineries.

Once you have a critical mass of them you can switch to targeted daylight bombing, but this will preserve your planes and pilots until you build up a core.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

You need a bigger airfield than level 5 to fly them properly. I believe it needs to be size 7 to suffer no penalties. The penalty for not having a proper airfield to fly them is not being able to fly at extended range, and only flying with the reduced load.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

You need a bigger airfield than level 5 to fly them properly. I believe it needs to be size 7 to suffer no penalties. The penalty for not having a proper airfield to fly them is not being able to fly at extended range, and only flying with the reduced load.

And, I believe higher OP losses.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

How about a follow on question- how do you STOP B-29's as the Japanese?
John 21:25
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

ORIGINAL: leehunt27@bloomberg.net

By winning the war in 1942.

Snide comments aside, the best you can hope for is to keep the B-29 out of range of anything important - a very tall order. In terms of actually "stopping" the B-29, the most you can hope for is to keep the attrition rate of B-29's high enough to prevent them being used too often...
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

B-29s are a 'big gun', they can bring hurt to a target. But they're a bit 'fragile', w/ their servcice-rating of 5.

1st thing is, to transfer your best bomber pilots into this sqd, guys w/ 60+ ratings in Exp & GrdB. Give them the best commander that you can afford.

2nd is, only run offensive strikes from high-lvl airbase w/ adequate air-support.

3rd is, don't go crazy or over-extend. Go slow, put that arriving sqd on Training, build its morale to 99, let the slow production of replaceemnt airframes build up to support future sqd arrivals.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Read Jocmiester's AAR of his game against Obvert.

It apparently isn't difficult at all for the Japanese to shoot them down in droves.

Remember it's a game, not a simulation of historical accuracy.
Hans

Return to “The War Room”