Looking to re-buy

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

MPHopcroft1

Looking to re-buy

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

I had a lot of random fun with the original AT. I know I didn't play the random games realistically (going for huge stacks instead of coherent lines, but the AI seemed to be doing the same thing) and I had a hard time grasping larger scenarios, but it was fun the same way TOAW3 is fun. Sadly, it's been a long time since my purchase (seven years) and the game has received its Gold release.

But that won't be for two weeks or so (Steam has this funny habit -- if you download a game from them, they tend to want you to give them money in exchange). So I'm wondering where the fan resources are, for things like unofficial scenarios and the like. I also assume that the Opponent Wanted section of this forum can help me find a game (to avoid having to deal with the AI).

Is this a good time to get back into this game?
"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin
Whydmer

RE: Looking to re-buy

Post by Whydmer »

There are quite a few resources here in the modding subforum, or you can chase even more down Here.

I am not much of a multi-player but my understanding is that it is alive and well in the opponents wanted area.
davebob

RE: Looking to re-buy

Post by davebob »

Always thrifty to buy a game after its gone gold if you can wait that long. Especially if it's a good game like this one.
Having said that,that being said,that having been said,saying that,that having been said,having said all that,that said.....

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”