Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing origination hex of build point

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Changing origination hex of build point Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing origination hex of build point - 11/20/2014 9:49:43 AM   
Courtenay

v1.2.1.5 had, among others, this change:

quote:

Added code to the Production Planning form so if a player left clicks in the Resources list on the label Build Point for a build point that he controls, the program asks whether the player wants to change the origination hex for the build point. Note that this is the only way to change where a build point originates, and that you must click on the first column in the Resources list.

I just tried this for the first time. I discovered that to make it work, you must open the production screen with the major power whose build point is being sent as the active major power.

It took me a while to figure this out, and I was getting fairly frustrated while I did.

In this case, the US was sending France (capital Gabon) two build points. For some reason, MWiF decided that sending one point from Sao Paulo and one from Baltimore was a good idea. I wanted to change the one in Baltimore to Sao Paulo, too. However, no matter how I clicked, I couldn't get anything to work. Finally, I tried exiting the production screen, changing the active major power from the CW (the CW had just provided the convoys needed to deliver the build points) to the US, reentered the production screen, and everything worked.

I tell this so that others might not share my frustration.

(On the other hand, you won't share the triumph I felt when I finally got it to work. )

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Courtenay -- 11/20/2014 10:53:29 AM >

I thought I knew how to play this game....
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Changing origination hex of build point Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI