War in the West will conquer your bookshelf!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Surtur

War in the West will conquer your bookshelf!

Post by Surtur »

The development team of 2by3 Games is working very hard to put the finishing touches on Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1942-45 before the release in early December. This huge wargame boasts tons of detail and depth, while retaining excellent playability through the clear interface and reports. But we know our fans like to dig into the details to get the most out of their gaming experience, and that is why we are happy to announce that War in the West will come with a huge and beautiful hardbound color printed manual that will claim a beautiful spot on your bookshelf!

The manual will explain all gameplay rules and design choices and will include valuable gameplay advice. In addition, it will be printed in full color and contain high quality illustrations to complement the text. By using this book to your advantage, you will be in the best possible position to win the War in the West!

For those of you who do not have the space for this awesome companion and who prefer the download edition of War in the West, a digital (pdf) version will of course be made available.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Click here to find out more about Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45

morvael

RE: War in the West will conquer your bookshelf!

Post by morvael »

2104. Long time to wait.
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

Wow! That's above and beyond any expectations and will of course be very helpful. Hope you can do the same for WITE 2.0 [:)]
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Dorb

Post by Dorb »

super. I'm a sucker for books. At least these will get worked used than my WiF sitting on the shelf, something I can use when the game launches. Thank you.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

Well the wife spilled her coffee on my AE manual.... Must keep this book away from her.[:)][:D]
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Balou

Post by Balou »

how will updates, patches and so forth be handled, eg will there be room for addendums ?
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: chemkid
- is the quality of this book same or equal to the quality of the MWIF books?

Yes, same or equal. Same size in dimensions (roughly) as the MWIF books as well.
- is the location of the warehouse for EU customers inside the EU or will
the shipping be a 'gamble(maybe extra fees or not - delivery from the US)' like with the MWIF books(at release)?

Fortunately our EU warehouse has been online since this Summer, so shipping costs to Europe should be reasonable, shipping times should be quick and there should be no surprises as far as duties or such.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Balou
how will updates, patches and so forth be handled, eg will there be room for addendums ?

We'll be doing any such digitally, but you can certainly print them out and keep them with the book or inside the cover.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

smittyohio90

Post by smittyohio90 »

"For those of you who do not have the space for this awesome companion and who prefer the download edition of War in the West, a digital (pdf) version will of course be made available. "

Does this mean the digital version will cost appropriately less than the boxed? (no shipping, no manual)
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

ByronBond

Post by ByronBond »

I like the idea of the book. I actually LOVE the MWIF books, and much prefer to use them when looking up a game process. Luckily, most if not all of the updates to MWIF address bugs and program issues - not the basic play of the game itself, which is sort of 'fixed' because of the boardgame rules.

But I am a little concerned that after a couple of patches, the WitW books won't be so useful. Matrix and 2x3 have made many excellent updates to WitE, and that game now is very different than it was when launched.

If the same happens with WitW, that beautiful book is going to be an expensive coaster for the coffee I'll need to complete a game turn [:)]. Perhaps a 3-ring binder (a la Advanced Squad Leader) is a better option so pages can be replaced when updated.

JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: smittyohio2

Does this mean the digital version will cost appropriately less than the boxed? (no shipping, no manual)

Thats usually the case. So it will probably be true for WitW as well. [:)]
GBS

Post by GBS »

How much $?
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
MrFreeze

Post by MrFreeze »

Hi,
Does the printing edition include the player manual handbook or is this information is only available in a pdf format?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Surtur01

warspite1

First time I've seen this. Beautiful. This will sit nicely alongside my MWIF books (I hope they are the same height) [&o]

EDIT: Just read Erik's Post 9. They are! Cool [8D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
MikeToth

Post by MikeToth »

Dumb question:

Will just the printed manual be available for purchase (w/o the disk) ?.. I bought the D/L version before looking at this cool
looking manual in book form and am now kicking myself for not snagging the other version.

thanks much
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'm afraid we have no way of doing that on the store side right now, but it's actually at the top of our list of store improvements, to allow owners of download versions to "upgrade" to the physical version after purchase. So hang on, it may be possible soon.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”