Posting problems

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

TeaLeaf

Posting problems

Post by TeaLeaf »

I cannot post a new thread/reply in any of the World in Flames forums.
I get a message saying I am not allowed to post links... but there are none so what is going on??
valeryvdr

RE: Posting problems

Post by valeryvdr »

Sorry for the problem, could you try to post again and let me know of the result?
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Hi Valeryvdr,

thanks for the quick reply.
Tried to post, still the same result: 'You cannot post links (...)', while my post does not contain links.

For the info to be complete: I try to post a question in the 'tech support' section of World in Flames.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tealeaf,
First, you have to have 5 to 10 posts before you can attach files and I would assume links. Anti spam box measure on the site.

Second, make sure to use the "Post Reply" button and not the "Fast Reply" button. Fast does not have the ability to attach.

See if that helps.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. You cant post links because of the amount of spam we were getting. We now prevent new users posting links so can you copy and paste the content you are trying to paste in to a mail to support and they can investigate. Or post here a screenshot of the text you are trying to post so we can try and work it out.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Attached a screenshot of what I'm trying to type.

I'm not sure what it means yet, but I have noticed that for me,
almost all the WIF forums have a grey 'tickbox' symbol next to the left of them. Including the one I'm trying to post in.

Maybe this is cosmetical or maybe it means those forums are closed/unavailable to me?

EDIT: just tried to post in 'WiF School' (orange tickbox symbol) and still the same message about not being allowed to post links.
Attachments

[The extension doc has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

I cant see anything wrong with it - can you post the actual post in this thread and see if it works?
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Oki doki, I'll post the Original post below:

NovDec 1940 France has promised the CW 6 BP, which has set up 6 convoys in the Bay of Biscay.
The BP are not being sent. Production planning shows France keeps the 6 BP for itself. No sign of any trade there.

Latest version is played, hotseat.
Paris just fell but AFAIK, this should not be ending the agreement (?).
SepOct this agreement was fulfilled just fine. I am sure I did not acciddentally tick the one time only box when making the agreement.

EZOCS are not a problem for at least 5 of the 6 BP France is still making (should be transported without a problem from factory to Brest and Bordeaux).
Am I missing a rule or is this a bug?

Maybe part of the problem: the game assigns 'save-locations' (in my game, other than Brest/Bordeaux) for the 'to be generated BP's for trade'.
AFAIK the player cannot specify where the temporary storage location should be for such BP's,
so perhaps this goes wrong if the game 'stores' them at a location that becomes cut off (or even taken) later (Paris/Rouen for example)?

I can ofc attach a savefile if needed.

I could just post ten posts and then wait 7 days. At this rate I'll have 10 posts in no time ;-)

Edit: Apparently no problem to post in this forum, looks like something in the WiF fora.
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Problem looks solved now: I can post in the WiF fora. Thanks for the attention!
Warrior33

Post by Warrior33 »

Test

I am running into a similar problem. I can post here but I am not able to post in another thread under mods/scenarios section of CMANO. Not sure why as I haven't even made 10 posts yet.
JosephM

Post by JosephM »

ORIGINAL: Warrior33

Test

I am running into a similar problem. I can post here but I am not able to post in another thread under mods/scenarios section of CMANO. Not sure why as I haven't even made 10 posts yet.

Hello Warrior,

Are you trying to post links or images? If so, then you need to have 10 posts to do this. You are just two away, so if you can post two more messages then please try posting to the CMANO forum again and see if it will allow you to post.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Can you post the url of the thread that is causing problems and exactly what it is you are trying to post - i.e. are you trying to attach something as this wont work till you have 10 posts.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Warrior33

Post by Warrior33 »

Ok, I have tried several times to respond to this post with a simple text message but I keep getting the "7 days" message about links, emails, images. None of which are in my text I am trying to post. I can't seem to post the URL of the thread either.
Warrior33

Post by Warrior33 »

I can't even edit the above post.
Warrior33

Post by Warrior33 »

Trying to see if I can post the path, but I don't believe that thread is the issue. I am getting the same behavior in this thread as if I am exceeding a word count or other limit.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Doh of course you cant post a URL... my bad. It all sounds like its related to the minimum post count to prevent spam bots though. Check the errors you receive.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
KISSMEUFOOL!

Post by KISSMEUFOOL! »

Doh of course you cant post a URL... my bad. It all sounds like its related to the minimum post count to prevent spam bots though. Check the errors you receive.
Thats overkill. Spambots are so easy to recognize & easy squelch. Id like to request a setting change from 7 days per 10 to 1 day only! [:'(]
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: KISSMEUFOOL!
Thats overkill. Spambots are so easy to recognize & easy squelch. Id like to request a setting change from 7 days per 10 to 1 day only! [:'(]

I wouldn't want that. Because the manpower is not available to watch these boards for abusers. Much better to filter out spam bots with the present process. It seems to be working well. I don't want to experience the days when you had 10 pages of spam on a Monday after a weekend attack.
KISSMEUFOOL!

Post by KISSMEUFOOL! »

The irony is that we're being hassled from posting again because of the mere threat of spambots. The bots are winning the battle! [:@] [X(]

Return to “General Discussion”