How to take a screenshot

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

PittBull

How to take a screenshot

Post by PittBull »

Have to say I am getting real frustrated trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Maybe if I post a screen shot, one of you guys could point out the error of my ways.
I am playing on a small random map. I am supplied. I am trying to keep my stacks under 100. I just can't seem to master encirclement. About at the end of my rope here.
In Him
PittBull
Ormand

RE: How to take a screenshot

Post by Ormand »

There might be an easier way (actually ATG does screenshots, but I think either at the start or end of turn). Anyway, on your keyboard, there is a key that says "print screen". Press this and an image of the screen is put into the clipboard. Open any image program, paint, gimp, etc. Then paste the image from the clipboard as a new image. You can then save it to a file (for the board, it should be a jpeg). That said, there is also a 200kb size limit, so you should use the image program to crop it to the area you want to emphasize. Hope that helps.

For a tablet, such as the surface, it is somewhat different, and a quick google will get the equivalent of the "print screen" key.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn on auto screenshots and the game snaps a screenshot at the beginning and end of each turn. Playing on a small map somewhat limits you ability to maneuver your forces. Email me one of your save game files and I'll look at it: Roy dot rtworks at Gmail dot com.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Turn on auto screenshots and the game snaps a screenshot at the beginning and end of each turn. Playing on a small map somewhat limits you ability to maneuver your forces. Email me one of your save game files and I'll look at it: Roy dot rtworks at Gmail dot com.

Had posted a similar answer but the the forum blocked me from posting [:(] because of the anti spam measures they're taking right now. First it blocked me because I was "spamming" [:D] then it blocked me completely. [&:] well whatever the reply went "poof" into the digital mists. [:)]
You can send me a savefile via PM, let me have a look at it.

What I'm guessing here, deducting from your question, is that your troops aren't fast enough, have not enough action points to do a flanking manouver. Provide your troops with things that make them go faster, that is horses (the cheapest and one of the best) or trucks, or halftracks (the best but expensive, uses oil, and can't go everywhere). For instance, say you have an infantry unit, and you give it an AT gun, or an Inf gun, then it reverts to "artillery movement" which is considerably slower than "horse movement" or "tracked movement". Pure cavalry units are blazingly fast too and pack a punch, they are by far my favorite units early game. But...the moment you add just one AT gun that same cavalry unit is considered "artillery movement". Same with Light Tanks, very fast and deadly to Inf, the moment you add one Medium Tank it's movement allowance is decreased. Add a Heavy Tank and it's movement range is even further decreased.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Oh the movement type of an unit is depicted in the upper left corner of the counter, in the unit display in the lower half of your screen. I think it is from slow to fast; artillery, foot, horse, tracked, wheel. Once mud hits tracked and wheel are much slower than foot and horse though, same with hills and forests.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”