Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DBB errors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DBB errors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DBB errors - 10/27/2014 6:54:25 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

This is an error in the databases for DBB-B and C. We've done some tweaking and some other things have fallen through the cracks. Guess it's time to thoroughly scrub the scenarios and fill as many of the bumps and potholes as possible.

Per Symon’s request I am starting this thread to create a place for DBB database errors to be collected in one place.

As mentioned in the main forum topic http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3722896, the error that I found was the fact Indian Brigades point to line 2691 in the database and that line is blank. They should be pointing to line 2846 instead.

The first thing that jumps out to me about Symon’s statement regarding DBB-B and C however is the fact it appears the databases for the two scenarios are no longer stable and players should avoid installing them until the databases get fixed.

Does anyone have an older stable version of these two scenarios saved somewhere?

Jim

Post #: 1
RE: DBB errors - 10/27/2014 6:42:28 PM   
rook749

Has anyone brought up the M10 wolverine? In tracker is shows a projection run from June 43 to December of 1944. If you look at the production run of this vehicle it should be from June of 1942 to December of 1944. The US TD units that arrive until June of 43 have no replacements for losses and if your fighting in India/Australia in a PBEM game it can be an issue.

I think it has been brought up else where as well. I don't have my reference materiel with me but Wiki also seems to verify this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M10_tank_destroyer

Or is there a reason for the delay in the arrival of the M10?

Rook749
AAR: This will End Badly @ http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3516510&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 2
RE: DBB errors - 10/27/2014 7:32:15 PM   
Skyros

Posted this earlier, thought I would add this here.

I am trying to get up to speed with these scenarios in preparation for a new PBEM and I have noticed some variance in the setup of forces. When reviewing Dutch forces in Timor the Lautern forces appear in the December 8th start but not the Dec 7th. At Koepang here is only one unit starting n the 7th and multiple on the 8th. Denpaser has only a CDO unit in the Dec 7th start but has the 8th has the CDO plus a base unit, Materan has no units on the 7th and a base force in the 8th start.

I ran the December 7th scenario of DBBC to see if they show as a reinforcement and they do not. Am I missing something or are the units missing? I have not checked other areas yet, has any one else seen these variances?

I downloaded the scenario last week from the Babes website, BigBabes_C_AEScen028_v13 & BigBabes_C_AEScen029_v12b

(in reply to rook749)
Post #: 3
RE: DBB errors - 10/28/2014 6:54:28 AM   
wdolson

quote:

ORIGINAL: rook749

Has anyone brought up the M10 wolverine? In tracker is shows a projection run from June 43 to December of 1944. If you look at the production run of this vehicle it should be from June of 1942 to December of 1944. The US TD units that arrive until June of 43 have no replacements for losses and if your fighting in India/Australia in a PBEM game it can be an issue.

I think it has been brought up else where as well. I don't have my reference materiel with me but Wiki also seems to verify this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M10_tank_destroyer

Or is there a reason for the delay in the arrival of the M10?

The MTO and ETO had priority for the M10. This was true for a number of other vehicles and aircraft too like the B-17G which doesn't show up in game until 1945.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to rook749)
Post #: 4
RE: DBB errors - 10/28/2014 9:23:50 AM   
Jim D Burns

In addition to the 44th, 45th and 46th Brigades, it looks like the 75th and 84th suffer the same issue.

I "think" I checked all the Indian brigades, I checked the 3rd, 26th, 88th, 99th and 100th as well as those listed above. There might be more I missed though with names instead of unit numbers or something.

Jim

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 5
RE: DBB errors - 10/28/2014 3:49:11 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
In addition to the 44th, 45th and 46th Brigades, it looks like the 75th and 84th suffer the same issue.

I "think" I checked all the Indian brigades, I checked the 3rd, 26th, 88th, 99th and 100th as well as those listed above. There might be more I missed though with names instead of unit numbers or something.

Jim

Yes they do. I vetted all the Australian, New Zealand, Dutch, Indian, Commonwealth, and Philippines LCUs (all the new stuff) with a view towards these kinds of issues. Fixed your concerns. Fixed a few other things that have cropped up over the years and a few I found during the hunt. Should have a good stable file set (that won't be changed for a good while) for all the A, B, C versions of Scen028 shortly.

The Dec 8 Scen029 set will follow in a couple weeks. It's a bit more of a pita, but needs must, yeah? Right now, I'm doing some chicken enchiladas; have some dried pasillas and anchos, that I'll chop up and put in the canned sauce, along with some spices. Marinate the chicken in cumin and 'real' mexican chili powder (fron Bardia Spices, Inc.). Then do the sauce - that's the real thing. Do up some carmelized onitons, add some chicken, roll them up, put them in a baking dish, cover with poop-hot enchilada sauce and bake till done. Serve with a cold tomato, cilantro, cucumber, lemon juice, and sour cream, salsa.

Thank you for your input. We have been negligent in our updates for std AE engine scenarios. Hope to say I can keep the different dog and pony circuses in their respective rings under the big-top.

Thanks again. JWE

< Message edited by Symon -- 10/28/2014 8:59:44 PM >

Yippy Ki Yay

Post #: 6
RE: DBB errors - 10/29/2014 12:18:50 PM   
oldman45

Only you John could pull off commenting on a data base and throw in cooking.

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 7
RE: DBB errors - 10/29/2014 4:16:30 PM   
Symon

Well, the psychobabble weenies think it's related: math and music and food and bears, oh my!

Guess it's from hanging out in Chile, where the food is eclectic. You gots Inca, Spanish, Argentine, German, and Brit. Puerto Varas has German bakeries that are exquisite. Everybody comes in at early morning to get a basket of brochen for brekkie. It's kinda like being back in Wiesbaden when I was 5. As to the other stuff, can you imagine a dinner with the equivalent of a filet mignon, and a bottle of vino tinto that blows the doors off a French Bordeaux, for $20.00? Woof !! That's what I have to face when I cook for my friends; and they are pretty particular. I am learning.

I hope my syllabus is helpful. I got some great goat (chupas) empenadas recipes and a lot of rotisserie lamb and pig stuff along with leftovers for 20.

JWE

< Message edited by Symon -- 10/29/2014 5:22:55 PM >

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 8
RE: DBB errors - 10/30/2014 5:40:59 PM   
Olorin

In Northeast New Guinea, there is a trail linking Lae with Nazdab, but when you try to move units they move as if there was no trail (4 miles per turn). Is this WAD?

"Drang nach Osten"
--A TOAWIII AAR--

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 9
RE: DBB errors - 10/31/2014 3:52:24 PM   
Symon

quote:

Jim

Yes. There were a few Indian Brigades that used an Inf Only TOE (2961). We missed that.

Added an Inf Only TOE (with the same specs as 2961) at slot 2845 and updated all those 5 Indian Brigades so everything looks just like it did in the original.

Good call. Thanks. JWE

Yippy Ki Yay

Post #: 10
RE: DBB errors - 11/2/2014 1:12:33 AM   
oldman45

One of the things I miss from living in Scotland was the lamb.....

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 11
RE: DBB errors - 11/6/2014 8:58:34 PM   
Jim D Burns

My opponent and I are planning to restart our game, but we are holding off to see if any further changes to the databases are in the works. So are you done tinkering with changes to DBB for now or are more changes in the works? I know Skyros brought up some concerns in this thread that might precipitate some changes, so just wanted to ask before we dive in again.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3732376

Jim

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 12
RE: DBB errors - 11/7/2014 7:35:36 PM   
Symon

quote:

My opponent and I are planning to restart our game, but we are holding off to see if any further changes to the databases are in the works. So are you done tinkering with changes to DBB for now or are more changes in the works? I know Skyros brought up some concerns in this thread that might precipitate some changes, so just wanted to ask before we dive in again.
Jim

Should work fine. Skyros was concerned about the Dec 8 scenario units. All DBB, Scen028 and Scen029 should be unified, now.

Yippy Ki Yay

Post #: 13
RE: DBB errors - 11/7/2014 9:09:27 PM   
Skyros

Just so it's clear I was concerned about the base force units for Koepang and Denpaser that were present in an older version of the Dec 8th scenario and not in the Dec 7th version. They are now mising from all versions of DBB. This may be what you intended, so It is what it is.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

quote:

Jim

Should work fine. Skyros was concerned about the Dec 8 scenario units. All DBB, Scen028 and Scen029 should be unified, now.

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 14
RE: DBB errors - 11/8/2014 10:44:26 PM   
Gridley380

Whole bunch of questions related to US OrBat & TO&E; starting with, why do US Combat Engineer Battalions have 21 engineer squads instead of 27?

I have about a page of errata that I haven't checked against the latest update. Is there a list of fixes somewhere? Such as, did US para squads upgrading to Amphib Support squads ever get fixed?

Post #: 15
RE: DBB errors - 11/9/2014 12:25:14 AM   
Symon

OOB and TO&E has been vetted. It is what it is.
Para squads do not upgrade to amphib support squads.

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 16
RE: DBB errors - 12/19/2014 11:54:14 PM   
Jim D Burns

Found 2 more errors. Two Australian battalions have 1944 squads as part of their starting equipment so can never draw replacement squads (they disband in 500+ days). The 19th Battalion at Darwin and the 44th battalion at Kalgoorlie.

In addition both battalions have full brigade TO&E's listed when you select the TO&E button.

Edit: Add to this the 8th Aus Brigade as well. It too has 44 squad types.

Jim

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 1/27/2015 6:30:55 AM >

Post #: 17
RE: DBB errors - 12/20/2014 11:17:11 AM   
Symon

Yep, that's a typo. The TOE ID should be 2706. As a fast fix, just type 2706 into TOE ID field for those two and then click the Use TOE button. That should do the trick.

Yippy Ki Yay

Post #: 18
RE: DBB errors - 2/17/2015 3:30:01 PM   
Jim D Burns

Found another database issue. When you form the 9th Indian Division in Malaya, it is pointing to the TO&E of an artillery unit not an infantry division. It also upgrades to an artillery unit TO&E.

Jim

Attachment (1)

Post #: 19
RE: DBB errors - 2/18/2015 8:00:26 PM   
Symon

Yes. That one's a booger. The Indians don't get no respect. There's so many different versions of Indian units in the TOE section, that some of the marginal ones got over-written by something else.

No quick fix for this one, Jim. Andy embedded his Brit/Indian units very deep and wide in the TOE section. We lost sight of one. Sorry about that. It will take a Scen data redo and a restart to fix. Don't want to do that for one Indian division.

But it's on the list for the next comprehensive update. Keep 'em coming. Thanks. JWE

Yippy Ki Yay

Post #: 20
RE: DBB errors - 2/23/2015 5:20:15 AM   
Barb

Hello,
I have found a few things in DBB-C (scenario 28), that could be a carry-over from the stock game scenario 1...

Several sub arrival dates are moved forward - arriving in September 1942, while IRL they were serving in Europe
USS Barb (SS-220) - went to Pacific in September 1943 (yet arrives in 15.09.1942)
USS Blackfish (SS-221) - She returned to the United States in July 1943, and after refitting, proceeded to the Southwest Pacific. From 19 October 1943-14 August 1945, she completed seven war patrols in an area including the Solomon Islands, New Guinea, South China Sea, East China Sea, and the Yellow Sea (yet arrives in September 1942)
USS Runner (SS-275) - Following shakedown out of New London, Connecticut, Runner departed the east coast in late 1942, and arrived at Pearl Harbor via the Panama Canal on 10 January 1943 (yet arrives in September 1942)

And there are two Benson/Gleaves class DDs missing in the scenario altogether:
USS Edwards (DD-619) - a Gleaves class ship Edwards sailed from New York on 8 November 1942 to join the Pacific Fleet. She joined Task Force 18 (TF 18) at Nouméa on 4 January 1943.
USS Coghlan (DD-606) - a Benson class ship commissioned 10 July 1942, Lieutenant Commander B. F. Tompkins in command; and reported to the Pacific Fleet. Coghlan sailed from San Francisco 22 September 1942 for Pearl Harbor and Kodiak, Alaska, arriving 13 October for convoy and patrol duty

< Message edited by Barb -- 2/23/2015 8:09:24 AM >

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 21
RE: DBB errors - 2/23/2015 6:28:13 AM   
Jim D Burns

DE Starling either arrives very early or begins the game on map (Jan 42 in my game and I have it in play). The ship wasn't commissioned until 1943.

http://www.uboat.net/allies/warships/ship/3948.html

Jim

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 22
RE: DBB errors - 2/23/2015 6:54:48 AM   
Barb

HMS Starling (U66) - a Modified Black Swan sloop should come to the game sometimes after August 1945, since she was engaged in ETO till the end of the war and underwent refit before planned deployment to Pacific... according to http://www.naval-history.net/xGM-Chrono-18SL-HMS_Starling.htm

quote:

February - Nominated for service in British Pacific Fleet after refit.
12th - Taken in hand for long refit in Tyne shipyard.
March - Under refit
to
June
July - Post refit trials.
August
10th - On completion worked up at Tobermory for foreign service
September
5th - Following end of hostilities requirement lapsed and returned to Devonport to pay off.

< Message edited by Barb -- 2/23/2015 7:55:35 AM >

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DBB errors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI