anti-supply

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

davebob

anti-supply

Post by davebob »

Do air units not effect ground anti-supply ? Does checking yes for anti-supply cost fuel ? How much? How do guerillas function in the anti-supply role ?
Having said that,that being said,that having been said,saying that,that having been said,having said all that,that said.....
Tac2i

RE: anti-supply

Post by Tac2i »

Good questions: I don't believe air units affect supply over ground. However, attacking an HQ will cause it lose a portion of any supply it is holding. Don't believe anti-supply cost fuel. Guerrillas I believe cause anti-supply losses if they are in close vicinity of an enemy supply path.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Philo32b

Post by Philo32b »

I was wondering the same thing. In the "General Stats" for all the planes, it shows (confirming Webizen's post) AntiSup Pts Land = 0 and AntiSup Pts Sea = 10. It also says that AntiSup Range = 50.

"50" can't mean 50 hexes. That would be much farther than the planes can fly one way, let alone two ways. What would the 50 refer to?
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

In the newer versions anti supply does extend to the land. Air craft do interdict supply and reinforcement over land.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Explain 'newer versions.' You talking ATG v2.20c or some mod?
ORIGINAL: Twotribes

In the newer versions anti supply does extend to the land. Air craft do interdict supply and reinforcement over land.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

In Ormands mod for divisions and regiments.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

In general, the answer to the question is no. There is no anti-supply on land, by aircraft. However it can be modded so there is.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Actually I believe Bomburs 1930 mod has it as well.
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

In general, the answer to the question is no. There is no anti-supply on land, by aircraft. However it can be modded so there is.

Indeed. Would love to see it in vanilla ATG though. It should be standard. It works on sea so why not land?
davebob

Post by davebob »

If anti-supply does not use fuel,ap,supply, and does not cause casualties, why have an option to turn it off ?
Having said that,that being said,that having been said,saying that,that having been said,having said all that,that said.....
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

I had forgotten that I had done this. Yes, you can mod the file to allow anti-supply on land. This is done for the sft on the Statistics 1 page in the long column in the center. There are buttons for AntiSupply (land), AntiSupplyRange, and AntiSupplySea. I was rather conservative and at land it is 2 points for fighters, as opposed to 10 for sea. The thinking here was air-interdiction, although it is a rather indirect way to do it. I am not sure what a good value is for land. I reduced it thinking that at sea it is hard to hide (but it can also be hard to find). Thoughts?

I tend to think that AntiSupply on land is a good idea.

Although, I would also like to see a true air interdiction mode, where movement is increased.

Edit: I forgot to say that in both Divisions and Regiments Levelbomber III has the AntiSupply set to zero, instead of one. This is a "bug".
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

ORIGINAL: davebob

If anti-supply does not use fuel,ap,supply, and does not cause casualties, why have an option to turn it off ?
I have found it is useful for hiding my submarines. Especially in two situations: sneaking to enemy ports (and then suddenly turn AS on or attack cargo ships) and running away from stronger enemy fleets.
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: Madlok

ORIGINAL: davebob

I have found it is useful for hiding my submarines. Especially in two situations: sneaking to enemy ports (and then suddenly turn AS on or attack cargo ships) and running away from stronger enemy fleets.

Indeed. The moment you see you're losing supply and overseas replacements (you send reinforcements by sea via cargoships but you receive this message something like this; 2.000 supply sent and 4 tanks, 500 supply and 1 tank lost due to anti supply) you *definitely* want to have some destroyers there ASAP.

Like Madlok here say, turn it off and then turn it on [:D] Not needed against AI tho.
davebob

Post by davebob »

My guerrilla III army of around 300 sft have had no effect on enemy supply. AS kills in the turn report is 0. The opposing units in heavy forest w no roads nearby have near 100 readiness. Actually better off than their comrades in the plains and near roads. Looks like the guerilla investment is not gonna pay off.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”