Bob Flemin' and Orm. A World..AARse!

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

Bob Flemin' and Orm. A World..AARse!

Post by warspite1 »

Well this should be fun (for Orm).

Me and the Swedish Maestro will be trying to play a game of Global War via e-mail.

If our CTGW games are anything to go by, the Allies (that's me) will surrender by Jan/Feb 1940.....

...but I will do my best [:)]

May the best man win......

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

RE: Bob Flemin' and Orm. A World..AARse!

Post by warspite1 »

These are the optionals in play

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (296.39 KiB) Viewed 905 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

US scrapped units are pretty standard. All the rubbish carrier planes and the weak fighter, the worst infantry and garrison unit + the worst TRS.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

The Soviets scrapping is equally unexciting - a fighter, the worst garrison and that's about it really.

The Soviets set up gives no clue as to there intentions - albeit a move into Iran or Finland is not immediate!

brian brian

Post by brian brian »

Have fun yous guys! Practice makes perfect!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

and remember brian brian, you are on MY side [;)]

Happy for you to feed Ormster duff information and advice - I'm going to need a lot of help. Oh and by the way, that's between you and I - don't go telling Field Marshal Orm now about our little plan.

brian brian

Post by brian brian »

well in the real war, there was an American journalist embedded in the capital of the Third Reich for many years. I think his resulting book title focused on the verb "Decline"

while all the AARs are great, I think this one might have a new feature that will be very interesting to everyone - how you handle the many "inactive side" decisions as you move through the game
Orm

Post by Orm »

This might be a good place for me to find information. [;)]

While I do search for that important intelligence I could share some totally unimportant information. Italy has placed their units and even though I would like to hide where the Italian navy is located it is not possible to hide so many excellent ships.

The English Navy better beware and consider themselves warned. We Italians are a peace loving people but we will not tolerate English Imperialists to interfere in our internal affairs.

----

Perhaps I should also mention that Italy scrapped plenty of units.

Picture from Setup - Italy
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (552.66 KiB) Viewed 910 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

The Italian Navy Air force have decided to place their primary base on Sicily in order to support economic growth there.

Picture from Setup - Italy
Attachments
002.jpg
002.jpg (400.06 KiB) Viewed 911 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Do you mind if I make comments?

When someone is playing solitaire, I have no problem with making comments, but if two people are playing, it can be very impolite to make suggestions to one of them on how to play, particularly about future operations. (Commenting on past mistakes is not so bad.) So what is your (both of you) position on kibitzing?

I will give warspite one suggestion: Once at war with the Germans, always have at least one unit in Paris, no matter what, until the Germans capture the place. Always. And I mean always.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
composer99

Post by composer99 »

What about joke (or, well, partial joke) suggestions?

Orm, if you're the Axis, make a point of sinking the Warspite (it can be your 1941 campaign goal). Gotta be worth the resulting morale check, am I right? [;)]
~ Composer99
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

When someone is playing solitaire, I have no problem with making comments, but if two people are playing, it can be very impolite to make suggestions to one of them on how to play, particularly about future operations. (Commenting on past mistakes is not so bad.) So what is your (both of you) position on kibitzing?

I will give warspite one suggestion: Once at war with the Germans, always have at least one unit in Paris, no matter what, until the Germans capture the place. Always. And I mean always.
Warspite1

This is just a bit of fun so if people want to chip in with comment, advice and tips, I have no issue with that at all. What say you Ormster?

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: composer99

Orm, if you're the Axis, make a point of sinking the Warspite (it can be your 1941 campaign goal). Gotta be worth the resulting morale check, am I right? [;)]
warspite1

Sink the Warspite? Dont be so bloody ridiculous......[:@]

[;)]

Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

Warspite1

This is just a bit of fun so if people want to chip in with comment, advice and tips, I have no issue with that at all. What say you Ormster?
Comments are welcome and encouraged. [:)]
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: composer99

warspite1

Sink the Warspite? Dont be so bloody ridiculous......[:@]

[;)]
Rumour has it that HMS Warspite is unsinkable.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Well: let's see how you guys are going to battle on the battlefield.

And to the honourable Mr. Orm: absolutely NO looking into the US entry positions! No cheating allowed here! If I ever find out that you do, I will personally advice Mr. Warspite to flatten your home using the big guns of HMS Warspite... [:-] I'll advice mr. Warspite not to show any information on that in here too.

It's so much fun to provide all kind of misleading information to the Axis (and your Allies too) if you keep that one secret as the US player. How much fun it is if you suddenly announce to the world that the US is DoW'ing the Japanese or the Euroaxis and succeeds...

Peter
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Scrap that.... [:)] That refers to my post - not yours!

brian brian

Post by brian brian »

Over to the Chinese now I think. Hopefully all these new-map AARs (thanks again, After Action Reporters) have well illuminated the risks they face.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Set-ups for the Chinese, CW and French were all pretty standard. I have a nice infantry in Algeria to bring across asap [:)].

I remembered to swap a TRS for the Queens - they are cool!

brian brian

Post by brian brian »

Though I enjoy the delightful pictures of Mrs. Warspite, now that we are finally watching a real game, we hunger for illustrated campaign maps. There is no "standard" when your opponent is over there on the other side of the frontier, in the dark, where they can't be seen, planning who knows what. Why they might even dress up in your uniforms and blow up their own radio tower or something, to show off to the South American journalists living large in your capitals.

regardless, I know we will see them soon enough, once the bad guys show up on them. I hope your email folders can handle this traffic.

Oh and I really liked the zoom level in Orm's screen-shot. Even though I like the generic counter zoom in his solo AAR, I also like the maximum detail of this beautiful game.

Return to “After Action Report”