Italian Post Surrender Supply Bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Omnius

Italian Post Surrender Supply Bug

Post by Omnius »

I've found another bug with Italian surrender. I've seen prior reports about Italian units in southern France having supply problems and I found in my game that to be true.

Some of the Italian units in southern France are in supply from I take it Turin. I just put Turin into a supply link moving German units from near Munich southwards to link up cities held by German units that were out of supply. I also moved one Italian para unit to link up the line. It was out of supply so it became disorganized after moving but it put the other units down there in supply.

Now the real weird thing is how the two Italian units in the mountains near the Swiss border are out of supply when it looks like they should be able to trace supply back to Turin too. I assume the Italian units can draw supply from Turin post surrender.

The other problem this saved game shows is how the hex control in Italy does not conform to the rules. The only hexes to retain Italian control were the ones that had German units in them. You can see where I've been converting hexes to German control, those were all done in the Axis 1st impulse. You can see how I moved mountain corps south to create supply paths back to Germany and the Rommel HQ coming down from Munich. Not a sinlge hex around a single German corp retained the proper Axis control, whether it be as Italian or more properly German control. The divisions wouldn't have ZOC's and would only retain control in the hexes they occupy.

Omnius
Attachments
ItalySupplyBug.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Centuur

RE: Italian Post Surrender Supply Bug

Post by Centuur »

First: let's check RAW:

A primary supply source for a unit is:
• any friendly city in the unit’s unconquered home country; or
• for a Commonwealth unit, any friendly city in another
unconquered Commonwealth home country; or
• any friendly city in an unconquered home country of a major
power the unit co-operates with (see 18.1).

Since Italy is conquered, all Italian cities are no longer primary supply sources to either the Italian or German units...

Now, lets check if the Italians in the South of France can trace supply another way. Weather is fine and there is an Italian HQ in the area, within 4 hexes in Nice. So yes, there is a bug, since the Italian HQ (which is correctly stated as being in supply) should be the secondary supply source of the two OOS Italian units in the French Alps.
Peter
Omnius

Good Explanation!

Post by Omnius »

Centuur,
Excellent explanation of how the supply worked. When I moved back that airborne corp to block that one hex that opened up the supply path from the Italian HQ to the rest of the Italian units. Really odd how those two units up north didn't get supply though they should be in 4 hex range.

It also confirms my suspicion that Turin or Bern themselves can't provide supply directly to those units. By moving the German units from Munich, and the one motorized unit from Milan to connect to Turin I opened up the supply links.

One thing about the hex control not working properly is that it sure made bringing on lots CW units from transports and amphibs to minor ports and empty hexes. A Pattonesque amphibious end run that gets me up Italy quickly instead of having to slug it out for too many turns.

Omnius
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

First: let's check RAW:

A primary supply source for a unit is:
• any friendly city in the unit’s unconquered home country; or
• for a Commonwealth unit, any friendly city in another
unconquered Commonwealth home country; or
• any friendly city in an unconquered home country of a major
power the unit co-operates with (see 18.1).

Since Italy is conquered, all Italian cities are no longer primary supply sources to either the Italian or German units...

Now, lets check if the Italians in the South of France can trace supply another way. Weather is fine and there is an Italian HQ in the area, within 4 hexes in Nice. So yes, there is a bug, since the Italian HQ (which is correctly stated as being in supply) should be the secondary supply source of the two OOS Italian units in the French Alps.
Supply cannot be traced across alpine hexsides. So the Italians units are OOS.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

You are right. I missed an Alpine hexside, while counting... Stupid, very stupid...
Peter

Return to “Tech Support”