Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A different solution to VCR bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> A different solution to VCR bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A different solution to VCR bug? - 10/4/2014 2:38:48 PM   
Istfemer

I learned not to trust VCR in this game, as Allies anyway. Recently I encountered the bad bug again and these are my findings:

This annoying non-matching VCR bug appears to be related to DISPLAY/DELAY settings you set every time you run the VCR.
You should not change the settings when VCR playback is already running. It is very convenient, yes, but it makes this bug happen.

Merely pausing during execution (by pressing Enter) by itself does not create this bug. (but see below!) Only changing settings does.
Be warned, however — game sometimes changes those settings on its own accord.
I had this unexpectedly happen to me after several pausings. At a certain point game changed Display level from None to Low.
Then the VCR went into desynch.

< Message edited by Istfemer -- 10/4/2014 7:52:45 PM >
Post #: 1
A different solution to VCR bug? - 10/4/2014 2:49:50 PM   
Istfemer

Right after you load a save in vcr (VCR Play Back phase has not started yet) you should pick your Display/Delay settings and stick with those throughout the whole recording. And if you want to be absolutely sure this bug does not pop up, do not pause during VCR playback.
---

Note: You probably don't have to do this if your opponent (Japanese side) has kindly provided you with a relevant REPORT.CBT file.
Just be sure not to lose that file and don't forget to replace your previous .cbt with it if you loaded some other save in between. (game generates a new .cbt file after each save load)

I'm still not sure about the deeper causes of this bug. One big possibility is that it's caused by a mismatch between the recieved (Japanese) save files and (Allied) report.cbt, as was suggested earlier by deVada.

More testing can be done on this bug if someone is still interested. It seems like not every non-matching save—report.cbt combination triggers this bug.
And the ultimate cause of it is still unknown. Something in pac.exe may be responsible for this behavior.
Btw, are there any reports of this bug occurring to a Japanese side player?

< Message edited by Istfemer -- 10/4/2014 8:19:07 PM >

(in reply to Istfemer)
Post #: 2
RE: A different solution to VCR bug? - 10/9/2014 5:26:08 AM   
bradk

The reason I think report cbt doesn't do anything is if it were related to the save there would be a reporta.cbt, reportb.cbt, etc. There isn't. There's just one.

(in reply to Istfemer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> A different solution to VCR bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI