Character traits

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

zoommooz11

Character traits

Post by zoommooz11 »

Sorry if this has been answered before (I did just look through 150 pages of posts but may have missed it) but what things SPECIFICALLY effect gain character traits.

For example, I just had an admiral gain the poor navigator trait, while sitting at a planet with a fleet, waiting for some of the other ships in the fleet to refuel?? Now there is probably a reason for this but I just cannot see it.

So including the one above, is there some definative info on how/why/when characters may gain traits
Shark7

RE: Character traits

Post by Shark7 »

To put it as simply as possible: Inactivity will cause characters to acquire negative traits, while keeping them active will tend to cause them to gain positive ones.

So, to encourage positive traits, keep them busy.

Admirals/Captains need to fight space battles. Governors need to build stuff or recruit. Scientists need to research. Leaders benefit the most from building ships, bases and troops in the empire. Generals need to either fight battles or recruit troops.

The absolute worst thing you can do to a character is send them to some quiet backwater and leave them there doing nothing.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Blackanvil

RE: Character traits

Post by Blackanvil »

On the plus side the only character that has a negative effect when dismissed is your leader. So if they have nothing positive just can them[:D]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”