Action points & supply

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

MTTODD

Action points & supply

Post by MTTODD »

I have posted this on DC1 - but received no replies, so hoping this forum can anwser my query.

I have units that start in supply(green dot) which sometimes have less than 100 action points and
units out of supply(red dot) which sometimes have 100 points.

What is the relationship between supply & actions points ?

And what does supply actually give to the unit ?

Would really appreciate an answer to this!
Vic

RE: Action points & supply

Post by Vic »

Sorry for the late response.

Being is supply zone allows the delivery of supply points to the units embedded reserves.

Supply points provide readiness recovery.

Readiness determines action points.

Readiness can be lost by combat, depletion of supplies embedded with unit or movement.

Hope these 4 general rules help you a bit.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

Vic,

Thanks for your helpful reply.
MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

After playing the game bit more I am still somewhat confused!

I still don't understand why sometimes units which have red dots(not in supply) have more action points that
units with green dots(in supply) ?

Sorry if I am missing something basic, but Vic's response does not seem to answer my question.

I would of thought any unit with a red dot(out of supply) would not have 100 action points, but this is sometimes what I see.

Would appreciate any help on this.

MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

I think I found the answer to my question on the DC 1 forum.

Looks like a unit out of supply will lose AP over a period of time.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”