Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I wish Interplay's JRR tolkien's Lord of the Rings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> I wish Interplay's JRR tolkien's Lord of the Rings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I wish Interplay's JRR tolkien's Lord of the Rings - 9/26/2014 12:52:18 AM   
KurtC

would be redone and enhanced like they have done with Baldur's gate and Baldur's Gate 2 and other games.

I have both of the older versions volume 1 and volume 2 and I have tried to play them using dosbox, but it runs very poorly and I never actually finished either of them.

My known forum name is H Gilmer

He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Post #: 1
RE: I wish Interplay's JRR tolkien's Lord of the Rings - 9/26/2014 1:38:58 AM   
aaatoysandmore

I'd like to see a remake of "Battle for Middle Earth" made many years ago for the commodore 64. It was really horrible battle play but the campaign was actually good. Or someone make a conversion of the either it was SPI or AH boardgame version. To this date I've not seen a really good Lord of the Rings game. The real time mess EA made a few years back was pretty crappy too.

(in reply to KurtC)
Post #: 2
RE: I wish Interplay's JRR tolkien's Lord of the Rings - 9/26/2014 1:52:35 AM   
rhondabrwn

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I'd like to see a remake of "Battle for Middle Earth" made many years ago for the commodore 64. It was really horrible battle play but the campaign was actually good. Or someone make a conversion of the either it was SPI or AH boardgame version. To this date I've not seen a really good Lord of the Rings game. The real time mess EA made a few years back was pretty crappy too.

I've got the SPI board game (in Ziplock version) which was actually three different LOTR games in the package. Never did much with it. I'd sell it if anyone is interested, it's partially punched but otherwise mint.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2228/war-ring

< Message edited by rhondabrwn -- 9/26/2014 2:59:11 AM >

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 3
RE: I wish Interplay's JRR tolkien's Lord of the Rings - 9/27/2014 1:16:20 AM   
KurtC

quote:

I remember seeing that game, but I never got it.

My known forum name is H Gilmer

He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 4
RE: I wish Interplay's JRR tolkien's Lord of the Rings - 9/27/2014 1:22:30 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

quote:

I remember seeing that game, but I never got it.

I still have the offical 3' x 4' paper map that came with it. That means more to me than the game. If they combat hadn't been so stupid. You had to make a v shape sideways and get the orcs to run into it and they would die faster if you did this correctly. But, the UI was so craptola that it wasn't easy to do. The fellowship and the ring bearer (anyone of the fellowship could carry the ring) were more powerful then the regular troups which died as fast as the orcs in most battles. Could have been any other battle system but that even HOMM type would have been better than this thing. Whoever thought of that kind of battle system should be horse whipped and hog tied or vice versa.

(in reply to KurtC)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> I wish Interplay's JRR tolkien's Lord of the Rings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI